Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 242 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a link to my cardomain page with pictures. I'm still working on it but on the page you can see what's already done.
Already done
RCC hanger lift
Transgo TF 2 installed
some engine work

Still to come:
Tipical dodge rust spots repair
oil cooler install
grill rebuild
repainting the entire truck

·
Premium Member
6,362 Posts
thought id throw the pic up here for ya man so everyone could see your bitchin truck

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Great looking rig! ...check the WWW link for his cardomain site

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry about that, forgot to paste the link of my cardomain site. Tanks for putting a picture up her ole red. Here is the link I forgot to paste

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/789847

About the propane setup. I started out with a low pressure vaporiser hooked to a stock holley 600 carb. Drove it around for half a year and with 245 75 16 inch tires it wasn't that bad. Then I changed to hummer tires mounted to standard rims. Gas consumption went up and the engine had some trouble getting her moving. After looking around and seeing other setups I decided to change from a low pressure, to a high pressure vaporiser hooked to an impco propane carb mounted on the old carb's throttlebody. I still can't get the tires to swirl up on a dry street but my 0-60 is about 13-15 second which aint that bad for a small block (318) I think.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I ve been working on my truck lately. Updated my site with some body repair pictures. More to follow. Stil working on:
repainting underside bed
repainting inside fenders en engine compartment
repainting frame to back of cab
repainting the entire truck inside en outside

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
spend some more time working on the truck. Finished derusting and painting the frame, underside of the cab and bed, inside fenders and front end. Check out this link to see some before and after pics.
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/789847/5

Hope you like the new color I got planed for her

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
updated the cardomain site today.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/789847/6

She's blue now. Made some interior modifications as wel (tool box/speaker holder and some aluminum plating to cover up the old cab floor. Not that it was that bad, just had a few minor holes in it. Filed them and painted them along with everything else. Good thing with the aluminum pannels is that when the floor does get whet I can remove the pannels so the floor can dry. I also stuck some insolation underneat the panels to keep them from resonating.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Tanks, steering aint that scary on the road going 50-60 on the meter (with hummers). Haven't tryed any faster. Before I grinded the stop of the front drive shaft to correct the angle I had a shim on each side between the axle and spring pack. Now thats some scary steering for ya. Tryed going 60 with it, it was al over the road. So that had to go. Removed the shims and grinded the stops of the front drive shaft.

Always wondered how you solved your steering when lifting the truck Project M880.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Decided to finally add some pictures, the truck has been on the road again since may this year. I also made a custom toolbox wich fits over the propane tank in the bed and a roll bar, I will take pictures of this later. Heres what it looked like after the repaint:

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
Not bad buddy , not bad !
Very nice paintjob.
You only miss the European Chapter Sticker on the back. ;D ;D 
( and on the roof , both doors , hood ) ;D ;D ;D
just kidding.

I like your truck very much , it´s rare to have a straight body
Armee Truck. ( or you did damn good work )

Bad Bear

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks Bad Bear, we didn't start out with a strait body though. The hood and gril had a big dent in the middle, bumper was twisted, and the passenger side of the bed had a lot of dents in them, but with some filler and welding we got most of it out.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Looks good, I am guessing your selection for replacement body parts may be a little scarce. Nice work repairing the body panels. Crossover steering may solve the questions about the modified pitman arm. But I thought you posted that it was welded by a professional welder so that should be re-assuring. Rich

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
85diesel_rc said:
But I thought you posted that it was welded by a professional welder so that should be re-assuring. Rich
Tanks Rich, yes it was welded by a professional welder but it does have some bumpsteer. I am kinda used to it by now so its not such a big problem any more.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
After a almost a year of driving it around the dodge developed a few rust spots again.

Gravel damage

So since we had the poultry barn empty for a few weeks I'm gonna fix it again but now with a though epoxy coating on the lower sides.

1 - 20 of 242 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.