Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am re wiring my truck, in the past i did a temproary wiring job to get the truck to start i had to use a push button, now i want to go back to the original configuration and i had previously installed a key tumbler switch, to replace the bad one i had, i did not however use the quick connector that was on the switch, so i need to know what color wire goes to what on the switch. if anyone here knows it would be appreciated.

the switch has 6 wires comming off of it one small black, one red, blue,yellow, large black, and brown.

·
7,995 Posts
Did you get this switch from the salvage yard? the colors don't match the original wiring for a 77. You might have to use a meter on it to figure out what wires are what.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no i got it from orielly's but i think i have it figured out now, just need to figure out how to hook up the starter relay now, to make everything work.

·
7,995 Posts
Provided you have the correct relay, it should be simple. One wire goes from the relay to the starter solenoid, one wire comes from the ignition switch(may be orange?) and hooks to a terminal on the relay. The big post on the relay has a battery cable and a cable that goes to the starter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.