Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m having a devil of a time finding an EGR vacuum solenoid.  It’s part number 4307895.  Has 5 ports/connectors and one is broken so I’m trying to find a replacement.  Its off of a 1987 ramcharger with the 360 motor.  anyone have any clues where is can check?  Nothing on eBay so i was going to just start calling junk yards but figured I would check with y’all first.

Thanks,

Michael

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope.  I've checked all the aftermarket commercial parts houses.  The one i need has 5 connections for hoses and no electrical connections.  It screws into a coolant channel in the intake manifold.  I'll try and post a pic later.

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
it NOT a solenoid , solenoid's are electrical , its a temperature controlled vacume valve . metal base screws into water jacket of intake manifold has upright black plastic tree with hose connections ..... also controlls flapper on air cleaner . IIRC 

·
Registered
191 Posts
I had one rolling around my console from a radiator that I pulled in the salvage yard off a 78 D200. I'll look and see if I can find it.

BTW, mine did pass in good old SoCal without it....Most of the smog shops have no idea what these trucks originally came with and may fail you on the visual alone. Find someone that works on and smogs older cars.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.