Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 84 RC 4X4 with automatic trans (727) that I'd like to drain a quart of fluid out. I'm trying to add some Lucas in there and don't see a drain plug... Where's it at?

Thanks for any help/info.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
No drain plug. Undo a couple of bolts from the pan and let it run out. It's a mess. Might as well service the trans while your at it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DANG IT!! DANG IT!! DANG IT!!!

I was afraid that was gonna be the answer I got. I just had it serviced like 2 months ago. It may have been driven 800 miles or so since then.

I'll drop a few bolts in the pan and let it drain that way.

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
33 Posts
why not just drain it from the cooling lines? alot less messy and don't have to worry about making a leak in the pan gasket.

G

·
You can just add the Lucas without draining any fluid from the tranny. It won't hurt it any. I've added it like that to three of my vehicles with no problems.

Chris

·
Premium Member
24,598 Posts
wycowboy said:
You can just add the Lucas without draining any fluid from the tranny. It won't hurt it any. I've added it like that to three of my vehicles with no problems.

Chris
but if his fluid is allready topped off he ll do damage.

likely blow out the output seals.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ugly84 said:
why not just drain it from the cooling lines? alot less messy and don't have to worry about making a leak in the pan gasket.
Now why didn't I think of that??? I even told my buddy what they were while he was looking for it too.... that's the way it is though

Yes, it's toped off right now and has been that way since I got it serviced, so I donn't want to put it over. Always been told that it's better a little under than a little over.

Been a while since I've been able to come out there and check - thanks to all!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
"What Happened" sounds logical to me.

Thanks Joe!

·
Registered
364 Posts
727s will just puke any excess fluid out the vent hole in the pump, the what happened thread is about a chitty tranny.

·
Registered
729 Posts
ya id put a drain plug in then every couple oil changes drain the pan and put new stuff in it keeps it all pretty in side, dont wory about draining to much it will only drain a few quart not ur tq converter

1 - 12 of 12 Posts