Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Geez I am stuck, I changed fluid and filter on my RC this afternoon and decided to do the smae on my wife's Dakota. I dropped the Dakota's pan and changed the filter and buttoned it back up. When I went to the glovebox to get fluid capacities, nothing at all listed for the tranny. I know the pan was much deeper than the RC but how much I don't know. The two were dumped together and already disposed of. So can anyone help me out with the starting number of quarts to ad before I fine tune the levels?? Greatly appreciate any info.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
what year dakota???? i used to have one so i have a repair manual on it! i'm me and i'll see waht i can find out!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, its a 99 5.2.

I actually filled it to the normal range cold, fired it up warmed the trans and added a couple quarts until it read back to normal. I would be curious what your manual says.

Thanks again

·
Premium Member
5,548 Posts
Hey make sure you didn't use dextron III in your Dakota. It takes ATF+3 which is different. Your tranny should take about 6 qts. If you used dextron III then your tranny won't last very long.

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
In your 83 727 , you can use the dexron III, but not in the overdrive chrysler tranny's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts