Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok....for those of you who may not know but I have developed a tranny leak from the radiator area. I say area because I was never able to actually find it. Anyway, under the advice of some fellow members, I was going to install a tranny cooler. Went out and got one and ready to rock and roll. Pulled the grill insert and removed the rad shroud to see what I was getting into. Then my confusion started which leads to this thread.

My rid is already equiped with a tranny cooler. I gather this is stock but was surprised to find this. So the flow goes into the rad, out of the rad, into the cooler, out of the cooler and back in the return.

Now, knowing this and not finding any evidence of leaking from the tranny cooler, can I just bypass the rad directly into the stock cooler without having to install the new cooler?

What are yall's opinions on this?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Is the one you purchased bigger than the one it already has installed? If so, I'd still install the new one, and have it be the sole tranny cooler.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nope...the stocker runs the full width of the rad and the one I got is a little square one.

·
Premium Member
9,424 Posts
That's a nice big, wide factory cooler you found ( if AC equipped,between the AC condenser and the radiator)... flush it out good, and check for clean and straight cooling fins, you may want to pull it and wash out the accumulated dirt from between the fins...

The leak was probably at one of the connections, or in the rubber lines...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts