Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it i put a 727 tranny and a 203 tcase in a ramcharger that originaly had a 727 with a 208 with locking hubs, can i use the 203? also would the driveshafts and ujoints be the same?

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
Not sure on drive shafts, but if it originally had a 208, you will have to run in HI LOC all the time when you don't want 4wd.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I got a ? too. If you have a full timer, can you just switch the front axle hubs to part timers? I've seen a few kits in Summit I was looking at. Way cheaper than a new axle. And I'm going to be getting a new 4spd anyway from a crewcab that my buddy has.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Install the 727/203 and leave the hubs locked all the time.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i was thinking that sence it has the manual lockouts on it, that if i locked them, and left the tcase an standand hi, it would work as a fulltime fourwheel drive

·
Registered
619 Posts
yes, keeping the hubs locked in would give you full time in hi. i dont know if there would be any damage caused by this but there is a kit to convert locking hubs to full time tied in front axle which you might want to research. as far as drive shafts the 203 is much longer out back than the 208, so the rear shaft will probably have to be shortened. i think the front shaft will work as long as it has the flange and not a u-joint.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.