Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Transfer case needs new bushings. Clunks loud when you put it into reverse or drive. Found one of the old bushings laying in the skid plate. Are the bushing kits for these trucks interchangeable between different transfer cases or do I need to figure out what transfer case I have?

1985 W150 Royal SE. 5.9 360 727 3 speed auto

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I assume it's an np208 but I haven't verified it. Everytime I try to look up the mounting assembly for the bushings I can only find the rear seal for the shaft

·
Administrator
62,037 Posts
I see they went up in price a bit, but I bet they are still cheaper here then buying the rubber replacements from your local auto store. This is for a set, orileys you had to buy two top, and two bottoms. I have these on all my trucks, Johnny has always been great to deal with. These are the same for 74 to 93.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I used ANCHOR 2668 from RockAuto, they're $3 each at the moment. I would have rather used poly mounts, but didn't realize they existed.

Reactions: xmoweryx

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I see they went up in price a bit, but I bet they are still cheaper here then buying the rubber replacements from your local auto store. This is for a set, orileys you had to buy two top, and two bottoms. I have these on all my trucks, Johnny has always been great to deal with. These are the same for 74 to 93.

Thanks buddy. I'll get ahold of him soon. Getting tired of hearing the transfer case smack it's mounts against the frame. As far as changing them out, can I just un bolt it and lift it up a few inches with a tranny jack to change out bushings?

·
Administrator
62,037 Posts
As far as changing them out, can I just un bolt it and lift it up a few inches with a tranny jack to change out bushings?

Yes, that simple. Assuming your bolts are not all rusted tight.

I used ANCHOR 2668 from RockAuto, they're $3 each at the moment. I would have rather used poly mounts, but didn't realize they existed.
Wow, they have come down quite a bit. Definitely worth considering.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I assume it's an np208 but I haven't verified it. Everytime I try to look up the mounting assembly for the bushings I can only find the rear seal for the shaft

Yes an 85 W150 would have come with a NP208

Bucky

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Get in there with some penetrating oil as soon as you can and soak the bolts, hopefully your hardware isn’t too beat up and seized.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts