Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on my 84 rc 360 727 the trans slips when cold, are first start of the day. i changed the fluid and filter, udjusted the bands it didnt seem to help much. after a couple minutes of warm up or rev it up the truck will move, but not normal. when you get it to move it works fine, up shift, down shift is all 4.0. its only when cold. i looked at the other post and faq on trans and didnt see anything on this.

·
Premium Member
5,548 Posts
does it slip or just take a little bit to engage. Torqueflite transmissions have a problem of the fluid draining out of the converter overnight. If its just slow to engage then that would be the problem. I believe a trans-go shift kit has the stuff to eliminate that.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it slips some, but only for a short time, then it will engage. like you say the fluid drains over night, and that is the way it acts,low on fluid, builds pressure than good to go, becouse i have noticed that if the idle is high it is not so bad(i dont have a working choke on it). i will do the trans go kit. im not real good with dodge trans but im figureing em out a little here a little there. aint got into the guts of one yet tho.since dodge got rid of the drain plug on the converter,is there a way to drain it with out takeing it out or letting it pump it self dry? and if you do that will it burn it up. thanks alot for the info its appreciated till next time
mike k

·
Premium Member
17,219 Posts
there is a way to add the drainplug if you really want to but you will still have to drop the converter and drain it before doing this.

as far as it losing the fluid overnight, try starting it in neutral and let it warm up for a few in that gear before driving it and see if that helps.

eric

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
started it up today in neutral let it run for a minute, 2 at the most and it whent in to gear with no problem.ill put in the trans go when i get the money. done lots of th350 and 400 kits, is it pretty much the same?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.