Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a fresh rebuilt 727 that will not shift from park with the rear wheels on the ground . if i lift the rear wheels off the ground it will come out of park fine . I have been leaving it in neutral which i'm not all that comfertlable with.
I'm running a b/m mega shifter due to the steering wheel hitting the stock coloum shifter.
Has anyone had this problem before ? Or have any idea on how to fix this .

Dan

G

·
Sounds like there's some grit or a burr on the park lock rod. I had this problem, and before it was over, I'd learned that the 24-hour turnaround on my rebuild was actually a different tranny that they'd already build. Eventually, I got mine back, but the whole reason I went back was due to the shifter jamming very much like you describe. Any weight loaded against the wheels puts pressure on the parking pall, which puts pressure on the park lock rod. If it's not sliding smoothly, it'll jam.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
yeah, i agree with gen1dak here. watch out on those fast rebuild places on anything, not just trannys. go to a good reputable place. and does anyone know why mine is sticky in park sometimes. 318tbi and 904 o/d. it shirts fine, just sticks in park sometimes. im assuming the same prob as the other guy, right?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.