Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. What trannys and t-case combos did dodge use from 74-mid 80's? Im lookin to buy a full size with a 360 / manual 4spd. and Im wondering what I should look for. What do you guys run or suggest? Ive been lookin for a while with no sucess. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Matt

·
5,682 Posts
74-80 most used the TF 727 , np435, np445 and t-case the NP203 or the np205
81-93 they had TF 727, Np435,np445, a-518, 904 and t-case the np 205, np 208, or the np 241

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im not too familar with dodge drivetrains but I know that the np205 is supposed to kick ass. I like the gear driven part of it. Will it bolt up to any of the manual trannies? Particularly the 4 or 5spd manual? Matt

·
5,682 Posts
depends if your tranny was mated to a np 203. you will need a adapter plate for the 205

·
Premium Member
7,231 Posts
The 205 will be a rare find in a RC. Then again you could always install one yourself. (Like me ;D)

While the 205 is gear driven don't turn down those chain driven t-cases. The 203 is pretty stout and you have the option to either leave it as a full time 4wd or convert it to a part time t-case.

Ed

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im lookin for a power wagon for a daily driver/ tow rig. The RC's are sweet but I need a bed of the 8 foot variety. Im just trying to find what t-cases came with what 4spd tranny if any? Perferably only the part time 4wd. Im not afraid to do the work but If I can find a good combination then that's less work for me. Thanks for the help, Matt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts