Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok this thing runs and drives great... i know i have a slight trans leak somewhere but i havent had the time to go under and look for it. my question is... when i am cruising at slower than 35mph it stays in 2nd FOREVER...once i hit 35 it shifts into 3rd... but i dont like runnin almost 3000 rpm just cruising down the main street in town... could this just be a sign that its in need of service or is it gonna be rebuild time soon??? also it seems like it shifts 5 or 6 times even witht he OD OFF! whats ith that??? i can hear the big V10s revs drop when it shifts and then a second time after that... i hope this makes sence... thanx again guys..

·
Registered
29,717 Posts
G

·
First of all, flashing the computer will do nothing, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, for the 47RH, meaning rear-drive HYDRAULICALLY-controlled. The PCM only controls overdrive and TC lockup on these models. It does appear that you could use the listed TSB regarding check-ball, etc, or, do yourself a favor and get the TransGo valve body kit installed. This will correct the tranny issues and extend life as well.In the meantime you should also check the throttle kickdown cable to make sure it's secure....sometimes they break, or loosen. The slack will throw off the shift characteristics.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SWEET!!!!! thanx guys but it still didn't show me exactly what i needed but thanx for the link !!!

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
The computer locks your TC up at approx 35 mph. If you have 4.10 gearing tehre is not much you can do about where it shifts, short of backing the kickdown lever adjustment off a bit. Personally I would rather have the K/D adjusted a little tight, as the higher line pressure should help the trans live longer. $0.02.

-SM

1 - 8 of 8 Posts