Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys
Decided I'm gonna keep my tranny, but rebuild it using a manual valve body instead of the stock one. Gonna throw a Hurst V-matic 2 shifter in the beast too. Thought I'd run it by you guys though to see what you think about that and maybe get some advice on what I should use, and the pros and cons of this.
WerewolfDodge

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
Manual Valve bodies are not recommended for the street....believe me a shift kit has nothing on shift "hardness" compared to a manual VB.

-SM

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
Yea stay away with the manual valve bodies for everyday stuff. Just invest in a good shift kit, transgo or B&M, and a trans cooler and leave it at that.

G

·
B&M, TransGo, and TCI all offer kits that allow full auto/full manual control as you wish. I had the B&M in a 727 and it was great. Stick it in drive and it'd slam all day, but when you feel the need, yank the shifter yourself. Why limit yourself to just manual or just automatic?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, why are full manual valve bodies so bad to run on the street? Do they wear out quicker, or what? Just curious. Decided I'm gonna run an auto/manual valve body in mine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts