Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if any one could tell me were to rebuild my 727 tranny like who has the best price and i can depend on.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Ryan (rblacktj) is prepping to rebuild his, you might wanna email him, he might like to practice on yours. Otherwise most places want about a grand to do it. AAMco in boulder did my 87, and they did a decent job.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm in the process of doing mine right now, PIECE OF CAKE! LOL!! I have NEVER touched a tranny before and this thing will be back together tomorrow after work, about 6 hours of labor to rebuild and a couple hundred dollars, I will do yours dude, I know this is going to work, my reverse went out, I found an after market replacement piece for the reverse (plastic stock) so it won't break again and it's going extremely smooth...Will let you know how mine turns out and if you are interested, will do yours FREE if you buy the parts dude...Anything to help out...You can even watch if you want so you might know more next time, lol...Take care,
Ryan

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wow that sounds great ill talk to my dad see what he says and if its go well try to get together. also i asked a qustion if a 74'scout 2 727 tranny was the same as the 85' 727

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm not sure but I would assume there would be some differences in the case and such, will have to ask someone who knows more than me dude but I can probably find out online somewhere...will check around and see...My tranny is done and working great! Now I just have to finish making the rest of the truck look decent and she's hittin' the streets (LOOK OUT!) lol Lemme know when you're ready to do it bud and I will give you directions where to drop it off too, here in Aurora at my house...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah sounds good ill have to start saving my money so i can get the parts "i need to get a job" but yeah sounds real good

G

·
About 200 if you don't have to replace any major parts. You can get upgrade kits from TCI or B & M. They are well worth the cost. And if that don't work, you can pull the used tranny from my 83 parts truck. All it will cost is your time and labor

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im a slight bit confused so if i cant get the parts youll let me pull the 83 tranny?

G

·
That was confusing wasn't it. What I mean is, I have a used tranny you can have if you want it. But you have to pull it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Is it a good tranny or does it need work? Also, how far is Elizabeth from Aurora? If I'm closer and it needs work, I could come get it, rebuild it and give it to Slayer...just an option I guess...I just love the experience and you guys have guided me with some awesome advice on mine so I would like to pass that along and help out any way I can...Dave gave me that bad-a$$ rear bumper but I need a torch to cut the other one off so I can put that one on, thanks again Dave!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
im just short of money and not sure if i can pay to have rebuilt :( until i sell my dang scout my dad wont pay for any parts.

G

·
I'm about 20 miles or so from you, if that. No idea the real condition of this tranny. I bought the truck and drove it home (about 7 miles) and around the block a few times. All the gears work, including reverse, and there didn't appear to be any undue noises or slippage.

·
Registered
33 Posts
If you want, you can IM me your address and I could spin down either Weds. or Thurs. to pick it up?? What do you want for it again? I could go through it and pass it on to Slayer...if it seems to work fine, won't cost as much for me to go through and make sure it's all good...thanks!

G

·
The tranny is yours, Slayer. I thought you and Ryan had worked something out about who comes to get it. Doesn't matter to me, it's here when you want it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.