Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone nice to be here i have a question i need help with but first some info i currently running a 79 trailduster with a 203 transfer case and fulltime front axle.(no hubs).i blew my 727 out last week suxs! but i have a good trans in a 85 ramcharger i can use. now my question can i swap out both the trans and transfer case from the 85( locking hub axle and a 205 transfer case) without swapping in the hub axle ? will this give me a problem and if so do they make a conversion kit so i donot have to swap out both axles from the 85. i think it might be possible to do and retain the hubless full time axle but i am unsure any help would be appriciated.
larry

·
Premium Member
17,219 Posts
larry, it can be done, you can either leave the axles full time if you wish, no one has ever given a definite answer on the effects to the case to be spinning all of the time though.

or you can swap to manual hubs on your TD by either swapping from the knuckles out off of your 85 or they do make a conversion kit to swap the fulltime axle to part time and still retain the 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern. take a look at mile markers web site they should have what you are looking for

if you do decide to swap the knuckles and outers off of the 85, you do not need to change the whole axle on the rear, just the axle shafts themselves, not a terribly hard job to do, the front knuckles are a lot more entailed

eric

·
Premium Member
8,998 Posts
how did you get a 205 t case in an 85 ?? I thought they used the 231/241/208 cases

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TheRamChargerMan said:
how did you get a 205 t case in an 85 ?? I thought they used the 231/241/208 cases
well yes you could be correct but they are all a hi 4 lo 4 hi 2 lo2 transfer case i think and principal would be the same can i use it with a full time 4 wd fron axle and what would be the conciquences if any? i will look today on the exact model ts case but if they are all 2wd to 4wd capable my question remains because they all will bolt to a la small block chrysler.
thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts