Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
My folks bought another house about 20 min east of ABQ are there any trials around there that I could run. I'm not sure when I'm going to be down there helping my mom and dad move some stuff in but when I do i would like hit at least 1 trail while I am there. This will most likely be a winter home for them so I will be able to use it in the summer heheh.
Do you guys night wheel?

·
Premium Member
5,075 Posts
Excellent, let us know when your coming down, I like to wheel in Rio Rancho, which is like 60 miles west of Edgewood. Edgewood is east of Albuquerque, in the east mountains area, I know theres lots of wheelin out there just on the dirt roads after it rains, it gets real nasty..LMAO

·
Premium Member
9,424 Posts
I thought it was more like 40 miles from Edgewood to Rio Rauncho..? Altho those are probably the closest trails of interest.

It might be worth asking the Cibola National Forest if they've left any open to trucks (damn ATVs anyways)...

If we could coordinate a day with Webbcraft, it's only a couple of hours to Elephant Butte lake, and as low as the water is, there ought to be lots of running room... and fewer other users.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool guys,
I'm not sure when I'll get down there it will probably be in the fall like late October.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Sorry guys, I should pay more attention to the section. There is a road in the east mountains that goes up to a old fire lookout tower. It was still open to trucks this summer. Its about 3 miles to the top but it is lots of fun. There is a few white knuckle sections. Skid plates are handy. Most of that side is forest land and they frown on off roaders. Rio Rancho on the other hand has some great trails. Buy the way, I will be at Elephant Butte the weekend of Sept 7. I have put the boat away for the winter since it is easier to drive across in a truck now ;D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.