Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are the first two pictures taken of the truck.

She is sitting at the junkyard--slash--air conditioner repair place I bought her from. These two picture are of the driver's side from the front, and the driver's side from the rear.

More pictures coming of the interior and the truck.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I paid $800 cash. The lady I bought it from paid the same, and I talked her down from $900. The truck runs well, has minimal interior damage and exterior rust, but it needs quite a bit of exterior body work. It's a 360 with true duals and is the SE version, otherwise considered the luxury edition of 1979 :) Depending on the shape of the body and the condition of the motor, it may very well be worth $1000. When you look at it, you should be able to automatically envision what you want it to look like, and some of the things you know right off the bat that you will have to do to it to get it the way you want it. Consider the price tag of everything you want to do to it (or, more so, that needs to be done to it) and weigh that against the grand you're paying for it. Mine was completely worth it, and I think you'll find that you will feel the same way when you have that Ramcharger sitting out in your driveway ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
That interior looks to be pretty darn clean to me! You only paid $800! some girls (and guys) have all the luck ::)

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And to think, that is filthy! When you got in it, dust clouds would fly up. It took me and Michael about an hour to just get the dirt out of it when we got it home :)

Pic #2

Attachments

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
whlnwgn said:
That interior looks to be pretty darn clean to me! You only paid $800! some girls (and guys) have all the luck ::)
Interior is fantastic for the age of the RC. Now, just one more hour on the outside and you two will be set to to mud it up! ::)

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm a-waitin'!!!! ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Hey your pics are gone. Glad to finaly see the pics I was about give up on you.

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can you see them KC?

I can see the pic of the truck, but I am having trouble keeping the interior pics up. I have attached the pic of the truck to the messages, but the interior pics are just img links right now. I will upload them too. Let me know when you can see them.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Hey you can have his and her trucks now......Fix yers up just like yer mans is.... It is a real nice truck and i like it alot. Now what are yer plans fer it...?????

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well it's going to be divided by the breaks I have from school. We are most likely acquiring another RC that we are going to use for parts for both our trucks. We will have it before the end of September, at which time my plan will be set into effect with Fall Break:

FALL BREAK
I plan to either:
1) Rip out the carpet and clean out the interior, or
2) Powerwash and clean out the engine compartment.

THANKSGIVING BREAK
I'll do whichever cleaning job I didn't do over Fall Break.

CHRISTMAS
I know a guy who does body work and paint in th garage at his house, so I am going to arrange a day within the first 3-4 days I'm home for the holidays to drop my truck off and get the body work and paint done on it.
Also, since it's Christmas, I am asking for the paint and reupholstery as gifts, so hopefully I will be able to get the seats reupholstered over the month-long break. That's my plan anyway.

SPRING BREAK
If I'm home for this (which I'm sure I will be) I am going to put the finishing exterior touches on it from the other parts truck, like the bumpers and replacing the front driver's side fender well, stuff like that. I will also try to get the carpet cut for the front end of the truck, to run underneath the back seat, then pick up from the carpet and run roll-in bedliner to the tailgate.

SUMMER
Everything else I haven't done yet will be done here. Which may mean she never gets done :) Somewhere along the way I have to pull the dash out and paint it, then wire up the new CD player, amp, and subs, the CD, and the tac.

So basically she has some work left to be done, and that isn't counting anything mechanical or electrical we run into along the way (such as the busted radiator hose she has at home right now). That will all be repaired as we go along. But, if all works out the way it should, I may be replacing the engine with the one in Michael's truck if he gets the rebuilt 360 in our new RC. I need new springs and shocks too, that'll go on my credit card ;D

So that's how it looks right now... A lot to be done, right? I KNOW! She will be done though, mark my words, BY RAM JAM!

(So, in other words, postpone RJ til 2005)

·
Registered
229 Posts
Too kewl!!! 8) I like "Katie" alot!!!

You got a great deal on her. SE models are nice. I like the cab roof lights too. She looks like she's in pretty good shape right now. I've always liked that color on RC's. I'd be proud to be seen driving her! Keep me posted as you go through your list.

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Why thank ya Kodiak! I think so far that "Katie" has stuck hehe It turns out that the truck we thought we were getting wasn't the right truck (long story!) so I will continue with my list as best I can. Since we put the 32" BFG muds on her Michael said she looks mean, and he likes the brown color, too. But there are too many chipped spots and big places that we've chipped the bondo off the salvage it now (in addition to the fact that I want her to be blue! hehe). When I get back home I am going to start taking pictures of her progress and posting them on my website. There will be a link and updates on this string, as well. So everybody keep posted! :)

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
I can see them all now looks good. I'm sure it'll be sweet when your done.

·
Premium Member
3,681 Posts
nice rc,it looks great in the pics.i know you're glad to have your own 4x.if you guys are looking for a parts truck,i know of a bone stock 79' here that the owner only wants $400 .the body is very rusty,but it has a newly rebuilt 318 and 203 transfercase.i was going to get it, but have found another with a 6" lift,360,and 38"s that i want.

Michael

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks KC and Michael

I will pass that RC parts truck onto Michael. We have been looking at a pair for $800 that we are going to look at over Fall Break. Thanks for the info OBX Michael :)

·
Premium Member
1,961 Posts
That's a beauty of a find, still can't get over the condition of the interior. I glade to see these older RC's being rescued. Makes one feel all warm and fuzzie, ;D

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
dodge7789 said:
That's a beauty of a find, still can't get over the condition of the interior. I glade to see these older RC's being rescued. Makes one feel all warm and fuzzie, ;D
Thank ya very much :) I am proud of her. Will be even prouder when she gets done! I agree that these old RCs need to have their life reinstated, instead of sitting around for parts and rusting to their doom :(

I am doing my part! ;D

·
Registered
49 Posts
just curious , nothing against girls or woman but what force would drive a young woman like youreself toward such a man oriented hobby? :-[ ???

1 - 20 of 28 Posts