Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some Friends and I are planning on taking trail 42 on nov 24. Its a sunday. everyone is welcome. The trail is near bartlett lake and runs near the verde river. The trail takes 3-5 hours and we were planning on starting in the morning.There is also alot of hills to play on after the trail. Let me know if anyone wants to go and I will post time and meeting place later this week.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Hmmm....sounds cool! How would you rate the difficulty of this trail?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The book I got the trail out of rates the trail as difficult or 3.5. Its more difficult than Crown King. The trail has sandy terrain and has extreme washouts. Its a good trail to test your vehicles articulation. I made it in my 87 RC with 33"swampers but had a little trouble in a few spots. I have a few pictures of my truck and friends jeep from last time we went if you want me to e-mail them to you.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Sounds good to me, I'll go if I have nothing planned. I need to check the calender.

·
Registered
244 Posts
For those not sure about their vehicles capabilities look back at the Trail Rating Guide in our AZ Chapter. A 3.5 trail rating is not recommended for a stock vehicle; but with really good driving skills, and if need be some help from other vehicles, the trail can be accomplished. This does come at a price usually, some scraping and banging but hopefully nothing else. I would recommend disconneting the anti-sway bar(s) at the beginning of the trail for some additional articulation on stock vehicles.

I am sorry I will not be able to go with you. That is the day of my wedding anniversary. Have fun

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Who ever wants to go, we are meeting at Bartlett Lake pay station at 8:15am Sunday morning. We are Leaving at 9:00.
If you have any questions feel free to call me on my cell at 602-885-0576. I lost my computer so I have to go to my freinds house to veiw this site.
Greg.

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Me and Twister would sure like to go, but we're helping a friend move that day. Have fun and take pics - we'll
post 'em here.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Greg and I met off Cave Creek Rd just off the 101. We got to Bartlett Lake and met with his buds Greg 2 and Toby, they were in a full size Bronco and a Ranger. The trail required a lot of flexing from the vehicles, lots of three wheel action. When we came to "The End of the Earth", I had my daughter Jazmyn get out. Just a little to steep for her to be in the truck. I had to walk her down the hill. All in all it was a fun 3 hr plus of off roading. I think we ought to do it again, you have plenty of daylight left when your done. We started at about 930 and finished about 1. Nick, you would have been fine. Greg did it in 2wd, his CAD wasn't working. Mohammad I had enough for all of us. Thanks for the invite Greg.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If any one is interested we are taking this trail again. I talk to Joe and he wants to go with us if anybody else wants to you more then welcome. so far we have about 6 trucks and 2 sandrails and maybe a quad or two. We are going Feb 9 and meeting at bartlett pay station around 9 or 10 in the morning. I will know exact time probably a week before. If you want pictures, I have some from last trip and I think Joe has some too.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'll be joining you Greg, my neighbor wants to try his Blazer also. He just got a new engine in it. See you on the 9th.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Who ever is interested in going, we are meeting at the Bartlett lake pay station in between 7:30 and 7:45 in the morning. We are leaving the pay station at 8:00. After the trail we plan on playing around on some of the trails. My brother is meeting us after the trail and bringing his quad and sandrail. If any one else is interested in going you can call me at 602-885-0576 and I will give you directions if needed. So far we have about 12 trucks that are planning on going. At least 3 R/Cs and 1 fullsize ram. The others are mostly Ford and Jeeps, but I think with Joe going we can show them up.

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Crap! I'm going out of town. I really want to do that trail, and try out my new 4" no-block lift kit.

·
Registered
343 Posts
We had a blast on Trail 42 on Sunday. Must of been about 17 to 20 vehicles. Jeeps, Fords, Scout, ATV, Sandrails, and of course Dodges. Tested out the drop pit arm I installed and the high torque starter. Both worked fine. Thanks to previous rain the dust was almost non exsistant. We did have a jeep roll on its side, lucky no one was hurt. Alot of fun, can't wait to do it again.

·
Registered
943 Posts
So was anyone from our Motley Crew there other than you, Joe, and Baumer? Did Montana_Ram make it? Where are all the pics?

·
Registered
279 Posts
No, unfortunately i was unable to make it. Had too much goin on this weekend to go, but i'm lookin forward to making the next run.

Todd

·
Registered
343 Posts
Not too many still photos but I know there was alot of videoing. Greg, can you ask Greg with the Blk Bronco if I can buy a copy of what he taped?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey Joe, actually I have the tape at my house now so I will make you a copy and when you ever come by to look at thos parts you can get it, or we we go wheeling again. We have alot of pictures from the trail, but they were all taken with disposible cameras. I still have the photos from last time me and Joe went but I don't know how to post them?

·
Registered
343 Posts
baumer said:
Hey Joe, actually I have the tape at my house now so I will make you a copy and when you ever come by to look at thos parts you can get it, or we we go wheeling again. We have alot of pictures from the trail, but they were all taken with disposible cameras. I still have the photos from last time me and Joe went but I don't know how to post them?
If you could make me a copy I'd appreciate it, just let me know how much. Trail 42 ought to be pretty good now that we are having all this rain

·
Registered
343 Posts
I talked to Baumer about doing Trail 42 this up comming weekend, 3/22. If anyone is interested in going, the more the merrier. We'd like to start off early, I'll have to get back with him to get a time.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts