Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a 70's dodge tow truck in the junkyard and it's got one of those huge front bumbers with the brush guard connected to it. If I get it off will it bolt up to my ramcharger?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anybody, anybody, Bueller? Dodge didn't change their frame anytime in the 70's or 80's did they?

·
Registered
30,032 Posts
it runns from 1972 to 1993

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Marine, outside st. louis

·
Premium Member
7,231 Posts
Yes it should bolt in, so long as you don't get a hernia trying to pick up that heavy beast!

Ed

·
Registered
471 Posts
I got one on my truck, came with it cause it was an old police persuit vehicle. It isn't a good thing. Unless you are pushing or pulling cars for a living, you don't need it. I just have it cause I am pushing my junk around all the time. Makes bad gas mileage even worse, wears out the front end quicker.

Ryan

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
LMFAO!!! That's F'in awesome!!! ;D ;D ;D

Man I thought I had a heavy front bumper, but you have me beat by a long shot!!! :)

·
Registered
471 Posts
It is fun getting a lot of respect at stop signs and not having to worry about stopping in time....

Ryan

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
MrMopar83 said:
It is fun getting a lot of respect at stop signs and not having to worry about stopping in time....

Ryan
Wal*Mart parking lot deciding who gets a parking spot. LOL

·
Registered
153 Posts
IL DOT uses those bumpers on Ramchargers all the time as pusher trucks to keep the bridges clear or whatever. Theres one on a white 93 4x4 5.9L (sans computer) with a lovely neon grean stripe sitting in the junkyard 2 miles from my house.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Yeah, old Illinois State truck. Could you let me know where this truck is or if you could snap a few pics. I have yet to find another one anywhere similar to mine. Thanks

Ryan...

P.S. People tend to give me parking spots now more then ever. And if there isn't a spot... I make one...

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
NOTABLAZER said:
i'd like to know where that truck is too..
That where I grew up seeing those on all the wreckers.. Since I've moved to AL.. most of the wreckers here just have the OEM chrome on them.
There should be several of them kicking around the Kankakee area that have been beefed up even more. The company we worked for back them did everything custom and overkill.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So I shouldn't get it unless I want to push a whole lot of cars?

·
Registered
471 Posts
I'm gonna get rid of mine once I find a nice bumper for it. It is nothing but a pain in the rear. Like I said, I wouldn't get it unless you are gonna push stuff around with it. Otherwise it has no purpose other then to intimidate others... which is fun, but not practical.

Ryan

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
If it was a 2wd.. I wouldn't bother.. But on a 4x4, a real bumper is justified.. never know what you may have to go through, especially up there.. You may encounter some major drifts some winter.. and that'd help go through them. We had a much larger version on a '73 Autocar.. and it could roll on through drifts easily over 6 feet deep..
A heavy bumper will also help stabilize you if you get something a bit tongue heavy on the hitch.
I estimate the bumper I'm laying out for my RC will end up weighing over 300#.. I'm planning on swapping out for a set of diesel springs for the nose to counter the added weight, since it will eventually have a winch as well.
Aaron

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
What does a 300# bumper look like? Now I am curious...:)
Real bumpers can be light too, for example, using basic channel iron and having the winch tucked behind it...just some ideas that are floating in my head that should be on paper....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts