Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm getting weird sounds from my rc , it started a week ago , i faint metal on metal chatter or rubbing , fairly high pitched , not like a rod or rocker when it goes. i only hear it in gear , and when i am on the throttle, it goes away as i slow down , it's been coming and going all week and i can't figure it out . i let my father hear it over the phone and he thinks it might be a water pump bearing? i've never heard one when they go
any ideas or thoughts on this?

i got a better listen to it and i think it could the the torque coverter bolts loose ??? . i had this happen to me on a ford once , i checked the bolts and the were finger loose

i'm gonna pull the torque coverter cover off and see if they are loose on thursday see if it is the problem

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
i had similar sounds and it turned out to be the fan clutch, but the water pump was going as a result. take a wooden broom handle and stick it on various pieces with ur ear against it until u hear where the noise is coming from.

Duane

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i got at the torque coverter bolts today and they were loose all but one , it solved the problem but why did they come loose
the tranny has never been out before

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.