Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
RamCharger 2X said:
How large of a body lift is that?
Just scaffold it up till it meets the hood.

·
Registered
52,716 Posts
workgoats said:
Just scaffold it up till it meets the hood.
LOL........ ;D

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
This belongs in the "Hackjob" thread on pirate4x4.com

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Hell I'd drive it.

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
I sent pics of my ride in to the "You ride what!" folks today.  We'll see what they think about it.

·
Super Moderator
29,559 Posts
I'd park it in my front yard and set it on fire.  That's about all it's good for.

·
Registered
423 Posts
looks like they put wheels and a body on a jungle gym,the paint colors dont make it any better :p

·
Registered
52,716 Posts
Elwenil said:
I'd park it in my front yard and set it on fire. That's about all it's good for.
X2........... {yes}

forsyth426 said:
looks like they put wheels and a body on a jungle gym,the paint colors dont make it any better :p
{gloating}

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ramitupurs84 said:
Two questions:

Which part of it is worth $7,000?

Which part doesn't require a CDL?

Nothing is appealing to me on that one..
It was probably registered by the VIN from the pickup. Even a dumb cop is gonna know that its not a 1 ton pickup.
Maby i could throw an s-10 body on a peterbuilt and haul 40 tons without a CDL.

·
Registered
52,716 Posts
Asymetric said:
It was probably registered by the VIN from the pickup. Even a dumb cop is gonna know that its not a 1 ton pickup.
Maby i could throw an s-10 body on a peterbuilt and haul 40 tons without a CDL.
Here in PA you can register a truck that is a 1 ton as a 1/2 ton and vise versa BUT you will have a sticker on the windshield as to what weight you are legally aloud to haul.

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
mopar65pa said:
Here in PA you can register a truck that is a 1 ton as a 1/2 ton and vise versa BUT you will have a sticker on the windshield as to what weight you are legally aloud to haul.
Yep, dropping the Weight Class. I've heard it's a royal PITA bumping the class back up though even if the truck was originally higher. Alot of people drop the weight class lower to avoid expensive tags/registration.

I thought Air Brakes themselves required a CDL?

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
You can get an endorsment for air brakes.

·
Registered
52,716 Posts
ChrisKD said:
Yep, dropping the Weight Class. I've heard it's a royal PITA bumping the class back up though even if the truck was originally higher. Alot of people drop the weight class lower to avoid expensive tags/registration.

I thought Air Brakes themselves required a CDL?
When I got the CTD I asked the lady how hard it was to bump it back up if I go with 1/2 and not 3/4 she said no problem. {noclue}

·
Super Moderator
29,559 Posts
Relax guys, it's just built off a 2 or 2.5 ton Kodiak chassis which most do not have air brakes and do not require a CDL as they are below 26k lbs GVW.  My uncle has a Kodiak dump truck with the same chassis that he uses to tow his backhoe around with for his excavation business.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Elwenil said:
Relax guys, it's just built off a 2 or 2.5 ton Kodiak chassis which most do not have air brakes and do not require a CDL as they are below 26k lbs GVW. My uncle has a Kodiak dump truck with the same chassis that he uses to tow his backhoe around with for his excavation business.
If I were gonna do what this guy did, I'd get a duece and a half and put a 81-85 Dodge crew cab on it, then build a custom bed ;D But, I would make sure I didn't use pieces from the "topple" board game for the body lift/mounts. ::)

·
Super Moderator
29,559 Posts
It's been done.  There was a Dodge cab'd Deuce for sale on Ebay a few years ago, but I think it was a Clubcab.  It had the 2 ton fenders on it if I remember correctly.  Looked ok, just didn't match up quite right.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
There is one in Tullahoma that had a mint 81-85 Cab on it. It was done right. It was riding on something like 52's (Which looked cool, but killed any usefullness) I have a pic, but i'm not a supporter, so I can't post  :-\ If I did one, it would have the stock duece ride height.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts