Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my stock radio toasted out dammit. So I'm looking around on ebay under chysler radio's and I'm wanting to avoid any hassles. My stock one is a am/fm cass with the 5 equalizer bars. thinking cd might not be a bad time to upgrade- not thaT I used the cassette anyways. Noticed the newer models have an oval face sort of. I'm supposing those won't fit. For a 93 RC is there any specific part # i should look for? or as long as it a squared face am I fine? ( and no it wasn't the fuse -i checked) will i need an adapter plug of some sort? thanks guys ( and Gals )

·
Premium Member
10,351 Posts
The square faced CD units will fit, and they're totally plug and play. I upgraded my 90 RC to an Infinity AM/FM/CD/Cass. out of a newer Ram...the longest part of the install was taking the dash face off and putting it back on. The oval faced ones up to 2001 are plug and play too, but you'd have to modify your dash face to fit it.

·
Premium Member
3,113 Posts
A mid to late 90's Durango AM/FM/Cass will also just plug and play, if you don't want the CD that much. I have one in mine and stuck a Pioneer XM system into it.

Cheers

Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.