Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
5,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, going to be doing a big block build sometime within the next year or so. I have a 383 block as of now, but looking into getting a 440 or 400.

My questions is, wether or not to stroke it or just build it straight. I want to build the motor for low end torque and would like to have somewhere around 400 horses and about 550 lbs of torque. Would stroking the motor be better or should I just build it?

I want my torque to be low in the RPM's, and horsepower not to high either. Highest RPM's I currently turn is about 3000 on the highway, so I would like my horsepower to be in that neighborhood.

My build it plan was 30 over, lots of head work, cam, intake, yada yada.

With the stroker, I would only be able to afford the stroker kit and a cam and very little else.

What ya'll think?

·
Premium Member
5,022 Posts
I would do the 440/496 kit. Really good power from a pretty mild motor. Excellant for street and trail.

·
5,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TheRamChargerMan said:
Mike, you need to take a ride with me to deep creek. You saw how my engine did, and i have a junk short block.
Plan on having him do the heads on the small block. But I want a nasty ass big block eventually

·
Premium Member
7,231 Posts
Strokin is the best way to increase displacement and increase torque. After that anything you do to allow as much air and fuel in and all the exaust out will help immensely.

Ed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts