Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some advice on tires. Need to replace what I got, lt245/75r16. I only have about $400 to spend on them and was wondering what size would be good. Found a lt225/75r16 fo $75 a tire and thats the best price I've found so far. Whats your thoughts gang? The sticker in the cab says that the stock tires were p225/75r16's. How much of a load would that carry?

Mutt

·
Registered
73 Posts
The "p" is passenger car tire the load it will handle would be written on the sidewall of the tire I would think that the "lt's" lite truck tires might handle more but to be sure you need to read the tires load handling abbility sometimes the p tires can take alot of weight and p tires can also perform very well in off road situations sometimes as well.Are they load range "e" tires now? which is usually a 10 ply tire very strong and rough riding.Most of us with 31's-35's use lt or p tires with a load range c which is about 6 plys on average less load handling but a softer ride and better tire flex around the rocks and such.

Mike.

·
Registered
7,749 Posts
the 225's will be a bit smaller, short of an inch narrower and a bit over an inch shorter. In theory at least, tires usually don't actually match the sidewall size exactly and will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer.

You got a half ton?, Load range C's will be fine and smoother than a D or E. I think C's are uaually around 2000 lbs per tire if I remember right. But I usually ignore the Load Range business and look right at the load rating in the small print on the sidewall. The 245 is most common on dually's so the selection in anything other than a load range E is slimmer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts