Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
534 Posts
Sam, Stay with the 3.55's and get a set of the Pro Comp A/T's. They have a 50,000 mile warrantee and offer a great selection of sizes. If you notice any loss in power or economy, remember that Diesels are simple to upgrade. The power available in the Cummins reaches the 1100 FtLb range without stressing the engine. (That was the original number before it was put into a "Light Duty" truck) A few simple mods to the engine and you will see great results. Check out some of the Diesel performance computers to start with...simple installation and good performance boost!

· Registered
534 Posts
I'm sorry Sam, I didnt realize that yours was a 93. There are no electronic devices for anything earlier than 96 from what I understand. It was a single wire operation up to then. Since you have the Banks Stinger system on and have already done some other work I would say that the injectors are you next step. Get the Bosch injectors and a new pump...do not advance the pump. My source says that if you run the pump up too much you will end up blowing the front end of it. What he reccomends is a high pressure low volume pump from Bosch. It allow the fuel to atomize better for more complete burn. This guy is named Doc. He called me at home one evening a few years ago asking if I would be interested in starting a Diesel only magazine. I thought about it for a few days and since there was not really that much out there at the time for Diesels, I had to back out. I think the name of his company is Dr. Diesel. He challenged Banks, ATS, and another company to a speed contest. He built a 96 club cab dually that would run 0-60 in just over 6-seconds. The engine was making around 450-500 hp and near 1100 ft.lbs of torque. He also challenged Gale Banks personally to a speed run at Utah and said that he would beat him by 100 mph! I never heard if he did it or not but I think he's still in business.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.