Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 78 RC FT 4wd with 33x12.5x15's, what would be everage tire pressure in my case, I have 32pci in all 4 and seems a littlle rough??? :)

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
That's close. Look on the sidewall of the tires. I think my old 33s took 35 psi.

·
Registered
766 Posts
The sidewall only tells you what the max is for the tire, not what the right pressure for your truck is. I asked a similar question a while back after having a set of tires wear out too fast and ride too rough, which was because of overinflation. What was suggested to me was to make a mark on the tread from side to side with chalk and then drive enough for the chalk to wear off. If the chalk only wears off the inner tread, then there's too much air. If it wears off the outer tread, the tires are probably underinflated. Basically you want the entire tread width to make equal contact with the ground. You're probably running a little too much air. I have 33's on my '98 Ram and I'm running 26 psi up front and 24 in back for my tread to touch the ground evenly. I've put about 1000 miles on my SSR's after checking it this way and there's is hardly any tread wear, unlike the tires these replaced, which had noticeable wear well before then, all because they were overinflated.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I run 30 psi on my 33's!

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
28 - 35 psi8 si about right . irun less in 33" tires seem to wear better . depends on what kind of meat u run as to what pressure might be ideal so it does vary form different manufacturers

·
Registered
736 Posts
You didnt say if you were running bias or radial? If radial then all above is correct but bias's will be much lower.

·
Registered
90 Posts
i run 8psi. in the bias hawgs

1 - 8 of 8 Posts