Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone else had to repair their tilt steering column, mine does the telescoping thing where it moves in all directions. I am planning on tearing into it soon, just looking for suggestions and what to expect to replac ???e. Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,022 Posts
I have never done it myself but I have heard of it. There is supposedly a whole pile of stuff in there you could tighten up. Hope this helps a bit

·
Registered
381 Posts
snap-on has a set of tools in a kit to repair saginaw tilt wheels, my youngest did the one in his J20 jeep and in my camaro--just like new. the mainthing in the kit were female torx bits small enough to fit inside the column along with something to remove and replace the buzzer switches. try some one in an autobody shop or price the kit, takes less than an hour even if you aren't familiar with the procedure, you also need a steering wheel puller and lock plate depressor.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
A buddy of mine who knows more about making 4by trucks tougher than I do gave me shit one time because I wanted to put in a tilt wheel. He said they dont hold up during any bounce around 4 wheeling. Might be you want to replace rather than fix.

·
Registered
926 Posts
I believe ther tilt wheel is the same as the ones used by General Motors.
Warning: I had one I let get too loose and lucky for me I was making a slow turn when the whole wheel assembly came off in my lap - no conrol of the wheels!
With all the electric stuf in there someone who has done it before should help you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts