Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The numbers on my crank are 4027169, I'm guessing it's not aftermarket like the guy claimed it was. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Forged or Cast? That's really the only thing you need to know. A set of calipers to measure the main and rod journals, and it is almost 100% likely to be a six bolt setup for the flywheel. Not sure on number. I'll look it up some.

I hope you are too ;D

Edit: I just remembered it's for a 360 so if stock it will be a cast unbalanced.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm guessing it is. Well damn, i don't have half the cool stuff i thought i did.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
not sure, i'll have to go look tomarrow.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Mokele Mbembe said:
Gimme your block number if you have it. :)
What year is your engine is what I am asking...
You have that block number yet? I'm bored with nothing to do so I can look up numbers. Intake number too, if you can grab it. :)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

You wouldn't happen to know which mopar purple cam I should get would you? I wan't somthing with torque...and I'm trying to search the site but nothing is helping.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
That number is for 1976 to 1980 360 engines.
http://www.autohobbydigest.com/tables.php?02_Block-Casting-Numbers

As for the camshaft, that's a loaded question. It depends on a lot of things, like the transmission you are going to use, the size tires, if you are using headers, your carb, etc.

If you want to have low end power for turning big tires, look up a cam for RV use. Lots of low end torque. :)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have an NP435 4 spd manual, 36 or 37" tires, thorley headers, holley 600, and i'd like to order it from summit so i get a little rebate. Right now i'm looking at the Crane cams truck power but I really don't know anything about it other then that it says its good from idle to 4,500 rpm. If i could get the same thing in the mopar purple i'd buy it right now.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Dumb question maybe, but do you know that you need a special balanced flywheel for that 360?
Just curious. If you have a stock balanced 360 flywheel, that would be great.
I have one in my storage room. The casted numbers are: 85276 and 2843212. It's from a 1978 360 hookup.
Not too savvy on cams myself, but there are lots of people who will read this thread and help you out.

·
Premium Member
5,548 Posts
With a edelbrock performer and 600 carb i would stay with a torquey RV cam. You will make more power with a cast iron 4 bbl intake or any of the other aftermarket manifolds then with a Performer. A cam i like is a MP cam with .430/.450 lift and 260/268 duration. One step bigger then that would work too since you have a manual transmission. Another choice would be a Hughes cam. Pretty much most of the other manufacturers use Chevy lobes on a Chrysler stick and your not taking advantage of the larger lifters.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts