Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
29,791 Posts
I'd give him $400 for the nice fenders and doors.

·
Super Moderator
29,791 Posts
It's a GM engine and transmission, that makes it utterly worthless.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
That dude's taste is criminally bad. 

The chevy steering wheel/dash, the airbrushed graphics, gascap, speakers right in the footwells,  rear axle airbrushing and the woodtone vinyl on the console make it cheesy.  I can accept the LS engine b/c its big, cheap power but not the rest ........

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have seen that for sale before.
What is that air brushed on the rear axle??? a rear end? it looks like a butt crack with a big scar on it. ???

Wow..

·
Registered
467 Posts
Why ? I ask myself this hundreds of times a year . I have a 32 3W steel body Ford coupe mine is all Ford and never planned on a Chebbie . I see so many people stick a turd in the punch bowl it is unreal . Why now use a late model Mopar Hemi in this RC ? I guess it must have to do with IQ or mechanical abilities . Im speaking of myself here , I guess I can not figure out the advantages and ease of install as to why everyone installs a Bow Tie and screws up what we try to save and maintain for years to come . I’m kind like thinkin maybe good usable sheet metal is about all that remains .  I guess people say the same about my short bed Utiline that I stuck a 4bt and some other junk yard stuff in , WHY?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The thing has been for sale for years funny he still has it cant imagine why other then its ugly as shit, its been bastardized to hell with a LS motor and he wants the moon for it money wise other then that its a good deal!

·
Super Moderator
2,152 Posts
There is an up side to this tragedy.

I know a guy that has had a 75 2wd collecting dust in the corner of his barn for a decade or so. It was a 440 but he pretty much used that engine up racing it. Long story short, he was trying to sell it while debating the merits of dropping a G3 Hemi in it. One of the deciding factors was this steaming pile and so far he has the motor mock up worked out.

·
Registered
8,307 Posts
stftruck said:
But Kurt, you've looked at the GM 8 speed for your truck upgrade???
Yeah.
If I could find a good modern Chrysler replacement for the automatic trans that would work... I would jump on it.
And it was heavily modified 4 speed 4L80E made into a 6 speed.
Besides it still has the power from a Big Block Dodge driving through it.
I'm sticking with my 727 for awhile anyways.

Kinda like the brakes too. Dodge for the era of my truck didn't have any kind of brakes that worked.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What about Gear Vendors? Anyone done those and loved them? PG

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have been in my buddies '75['76?] crew cab powered by a 12V 5 speed 4x4 with a GV unit in it. He really likes it and it seems like a good way to split gears and end up with a double O/D... or tow heavy in 4th O/D gear [a stronger gear] and end up with the same ratio as 5th gear basically.
He has been using it for years and tows often with that set up.

·
Registered
8,307 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
treewtreehuns said:
Wow. That truck is simply terrible.
I wonder what the high offer he has gotten is? $3000? Someone who wants a RC and wants a LS for some other project maybe?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.