Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats this leakin ?  i am gonna upgrade it and i didnt much poke around with it but seems to be getting good voltage though ...seen this happen before with other people having these leak all over ...ugh more crap to replace lol ...

Attachments

·
Registered
52,716 Posts
That's the rubbery goo on the back that keeps the water out.  ;D If it works it's fine and that's your spark control unit NOT you voltage reg.  ;)

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what i was thinking it was called ...i knew what it was for couldt recall the name of it ...been awhile since i had to remember what it was called ...yea will clean up the goo and get a new one on there sometime

·
Registered
6,442 Posts
Better not wait too long to replace it.  When that fails, it'll leave you stranded.

·
Super Moderator
29,558 Posts
Agreed.  If that is still working, replace it and toss it under the seat as a spare for use in the future.  On all my trucks that had the electronic ignition I always kept a spare voltage regulator, ballast resistor and ignition ECU.

·
Registered
52,716 Posts
Elwenil said:
Agreed. If that is still working, replace it and toss it under the seat as a spare for use in the future. On all my trucks that had the electronic ignition I always kept a spare voltage regulator, ballast resistor and ignition ECU.
X2 {yes}

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea i was thinking like you guys better to have a spare than be stuck some where 50 miles from anything lol ...on a sunday at 8pm lol ...hope it holds out till pay day ...ok maybe till monday after i get home from work will do ...then i can drive my VW to work for now ...

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thats an even better idea joe ...will get on that asap

1 - 9 of 9 Posts