Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It just sits in the gun cabinet. It's fun to shoot, but it's not cheap buying the surplus stuff or it's always sold out. I have the adjustable gas plugs, but it just makes me nervous to start shooting it like that. I also would like to get a 1903 Springfield bolt gun. I would like to have a nice all-around deer rifle. It's a cool gun and it's got a little sentimental value, Dad and I made a trip to Ohio to get it..

·
Registered
77 Posts
How much u want for it?

·
Registered
9,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if I did it I would want to trade it straight up for what I am looking for. if I ever need to offload it, you who you two would be the sequentially emailed lol...

I guess my problem is, I would love to hunt with it. I have the clips to make it legal. Just the loads make me nervous even with a gas plug. I have the mauser if I am dead set on taking some something larger that the slug gun can rattle down..

·
Premium Member
17,219 Posts
ramitupurs84 said:
if I did it I would want to trade it straight up for what I am looking for. if I ever need to offload it, you who you two would be the sequentially emailed lol...

I guess my problem is, I would love to hunt with it. I have the clips to make it legal. Just the loads make me nervous even with a gas plug. I have the mauser if I am dead set on taking some something larger that the slug gun can rattle down..
Gavin, as much as a trade straight across for a 1903 or a mauser would be awesome, you would be taking a major loss on it. You can get really nice mausers for under $400 and '03 springfields, even a 1903-a4, can be had anywhere from $200-600.

Eric

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
IntenseImages said:
Gavin, as much as a trade straight across for a 1903 or a mauser would be awesome, you would be taking a major loss on it.

Eric
No joke. I've never seen what an immaculate one goes for, but one of the local gun shops had one here that the stock was beat to pieces on for $700. Which, is what I thought was high until I seen one at the local gun show for $1200 that I would consider "used not abused" condition...

·
Registered
9,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's not a number matching, but it was purchased from the CMP. It's a 55' SA.

Here's the Garand:

I also have this little mini-14 that does do to much for me other then tease me for a M1A:

I can put a box of 5.56 in a napkin at 100 yards with the optics on it..

See I am seeing the Garands for around 800 around here..the Mini is maybe worth like high 500's...THOUGHTS?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts