Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a scrrecy sound coming from my left wheel. It was kinda "crickety". I thought it was my pads, so I changed them. Afterward, however, the sound continued. Also, the sound always kept going even if I depressed the brakes. Now all of a sudden, the "crickety" sound has gone away. The problem is, now its making the screeching sound, but very lightly. My friend said it could be a wheel bearing. Does it sound like it? What else could it be. Oh, I have 33's on it, if it makes a dif.--thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Yea check the wheel bearings. Lift each tire off the ground and check for play in the tire. Grab the top and bottom of the tire and move it back and forth. Should have very very very very little play if not any. Grab the tire on the sides and move it back and forth. You will need to see if it has any play. Keep in mind you may have some steering componets moving as you are doing this so you willhave to determine what is slop and what is not.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
If you want to be sure, pull the wheel off and eyeball the bearings and spindle. Check for any signs of galling, pitting, scoring on either the bearings or the spindle or both. Better to be safe than sorry. Replacing spindles is not a picnic.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I just took the spindles apart on my RC and the bearings are pressed on. You can not take them off very easy. One of the spindles has been welded and turned once before by a previous owner. The bearing cost a 150 or so and I don't even want to think about how much a new spindle cost.

Check it out-I use to have the attitude fix it when it breaks-but when you break it then have to replace it you will wish you never had. This stuff ain't cheap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.