Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured it's about time I make a build thread. So here we go.

1982 W150 5.9 4spd

Edelbrock heads
Edelbrock 1806 "Thunder" avs carb
Jungles steering gear frame box kit
Crossover steering from SORD
Chevy 1 ton drag link ends
4inch lift (no idea from where)
33" tires
LED projector headlights
Corbeau "MOAB" racing seats (which fit poorly in a reg cab, rubs the back window, bracket should fit an RC or extended cab so if your interested please let me know) dual sliders on both sides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
29,795 Posts
I would toss the steering stabilizers, they don't fix problems, they only hide them.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Elwenil said:
I would toss the steering stabilizers, they don't fix problems, they only hide them.
Are you saying both or just one? They were there when I bought it, being that it's only 33" tires, I figured I only should have one.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Rabbit929 said:
Are you saying both or just one? They were there when I bought it, being that it's only 33" tires, I figured I only should have one.
To piggyback on what @Elwenil said, with crossover steering and good geometry the stabilizers are unnecessary. Generally they're a "bandaid" anyways and many people install them thinking they're the be-all, end-all solution to bumpsteer.

That being said, I just picked up a Skyjacker stabilizer kit for my W150 as I have always like the increased "feel" it gives at highway speeds (especially with 1:1 crossover steering).

·
Registered
794 Posts
Rabbit929 said:
...Corbeau "MOAB" racing seats (which fit poorly in a reg cab, rubs the back window, bracket should fit an RC or extended cab so if your interested please let me know) dual sliders on both sides.
I wish you were closer, I'd pick those up for my YJ!

·
Premium Member
7,304 Posts
Umm, why you call it "Warpig"? It's not camo, theres no bullet holes in it. I doubt it has an "Oink-oink" horn…Nice seats tho

Ed

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RXT said:
Umm, why you call it "Warpig"? It's not camo, theres no bullet holes in it. I doubt it has an "Oink-oink" horn…Nice seats tho

Ed
War= beat up
Pig= fuel efficiency. xD if I could find an "I" and a "P" in the 2012 emblem lettering, it would say "WarPig" where the old emblems were.
I like the look of new emblems on an old truck. It would have the 2003+ style rims too if I could figure out the hub situation.

I like the seats and the bracket, I would recommend them for an RC or extended cab, but here they just rub the back window and sit too far forward.
I'm gonna be swapping them soon.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Rabbit929 said:
War= beat up
Pig= fuel efficiency. xD if I could find an "I" and a "P" in the 2012 emblem lettering, it would say "WarPig" where the old emblems were.
I like the look of new emblems on an old truck. It would have the 2003+ style rims too if I could figure out the hub situation.

I like the seats and the bracket, I would recommend them for an RC or extended cab, but here they just rub the back window and sit too far forward.
I'm gonna be swapping them soon.
Rabbit how do they mount or are these things huge? I didn't have any issues with my summit racing seats mounting. I had to make wider and thicker brackets because the flimsy aluminum ones from summit wouldn't hold my ass to save their life, plus I had to make the brackets wider to move the seats closer to the doors. Did they use the factory floor holes and brackets when they were mounted?

Neil

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
neil4224 said:
Rabbit how do they mount or are these things huge? I didn't have any issues with my summit racing seats mounting. I had to make wider and thicker brackets because the flimsy aluminum ones from summit wouldn't hold my ass to save their life, plus I had to make the brackets wider to move the seats closer to the doors. Did they use the factory floor holes and brackets when they were mounted?

Neil
I got the Corbeau seats with a Corbeau bracket for our trucks. It's powder coated angle iron, no drilling required.
I just bolted a second gen center console to it.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Rabbit929 said:
I got the Corbeau seats with a Corbeau bracket for our trucks. It's powder coated angle iron, no drilling required.
I just bolted a second gen center console to it.
Looks like they do fit, but probably not for anyone who is over 6 foot. Legs would be too long to move the seat up. I am only 5'9" so.... I also like to drive pretty close to the steering wheel on my 2wd for holding to the wheel when sliding sideways. ;D

So is this the one you picked up for 5400? At least the body is clean, you are right on the drive line not looking redone. But hey like you said supply and demand in your area is a b***h. At least driveline stuff is all still readily available. Good body parts (at least assembled not so much). In Ohio it is getting worse, not to your level, but still people wanting a couple thousand for rusted junk that don't even run.

Neil

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Elwenil said:
Well I removed them and she drives just dandy. Straight as an arrow. I can steer with a beer in my hand and a knee on the wheel. Marvelous. Appreciate the input.

Got my carb much closer to dialed in, but I'm reading 15.5-16 a/f ratio at cruising down the highway. Tried adjusting my idle mix a little richer, thinking I'm pulling mostly from the idle mix at cruise speeds, not much difference.
I'll try richening her up a bit more, as at this moment, on an 1806 Edelbrock carb, im two stagers rich o man cruise mode and 3 on power.
I'm gonna reverse that and see what happens. This a/f gauge is cool, you can see a lot of oddities.

·
Registered
8,322 Posts
Rabbit929 said:
Well I removed them and she drives just dandy. Straight as an arrow. I can steer with a beer in my hand and a knee on the wheel. Marvelous. Appreciate the input.

Got my carb much closer to dialed in, but I'm reading 15.5-16 a/f ratio at cruising down the highway. Tried adjusting my idle mix a little richer, thinking I'm pulling mostly from the idle mix at cruise speeds, not much difference.
I'll try richening her up a bit more, as at this moment, on an 1806 Edelbrock carb, im two stagers rich o man cruise mode and 3 on power.
I'm gonna reverse that and see what happens. This a/f gauge is cool, you can see a lot of oddities.
Well if you had a Holley, I could tell you how to fix your problem. ;D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.