Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
29,558 Posts
The same fools who don't understand why morale and image are so important are the very people bitching about shit like this and making all that BS necessary.  Wartime is NOT the time to air your dirty laundry.  A patriot would know that.

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Elwenil said:
The same fools who don't understand why morale and image are so important are the very people bitching about shit like this and making all that BS necessary. Wartime is NOT the time to air your dirty laundry. A patriot would know that.
Until Congress officially declares war, Lanty, there is no war. :-\

Everyone and their brother suspects Tillman was fragged. The question is, why?

"You know, this war is so f*cking illegal."

-Pat Tillman, 2003

HMMMM... ;D

·
Super Moderator
29,558 Posts
Regardless of the that detail, we are at war. To call it anything else is simply lying. Dictionary.com defines war as this:

WAR

-noun
a conflict carried on by force of arms, as between nations or between parties within a nation; warfare, as by land, sea, or air.
a state or period of armed hostility or active military operations: The two nations were at war with each other.
a contest carried on by force of arms, as in a series of battles or campaigns: the War of 1812...
Now if the present situation over there is not defined as thus, then I'm completely out of my mind. No matter what words the Government chooses or chooses not to describe this conflict, it is a war, plain and simple. Our would would be much simpler and much better off if everyone would just speak plainly and say what they mean instead of trying to avoid a word as if that is really fooling anyone.

On the topic of Tillman himself, it's really hard to say what really happened. In any case I think that it would be best dealt with in a manner that does not polarize the troops or the American citizens. Naturally that did not happen and we have lunatics trying to make a buck off sensationalizing things like this. I'm all for free speech, but I'm also for good taste.

·
Registered
9,024 Posts
PowerWagonPete said:
Until Congress officially declares war, Lanty, there is no war. :-\

Everyone and their brother suspects Tillman was fragged. The question is, why?

"You know, this war is so f*cking illegal."

-Pat Tillman, 2003

HMMMM... ;D
So now you're directly quoting someone, based off of what someone else said that the original person said? Very reliable.

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hybrid 1ton said:
So now you're directly quoting someone, based off of what someone else said that the original person said? Very reliable.
Tillman had very unembedded feelings about the Iraq War. His close friend Army Spec. Russell Baer remembered, "I can see it like a movie screen. We were outside of [an Iraqi city] watching as bombs were dropping on the town.... We were talking. And Pat said, 'You know, this war is so f***ing illegal.' And we all said, 'Yeah.' That's who he was. He totally was against Bush."

http://www.thenation.com/article/pat-tillman-our-hero ;D

·
Premium Member
16,239 Posts
Wow, there's an unbiased article if I ever saw one. ::)

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cooper30 said:
Wow, there's an unbiased article if I ever saw one. ::)
No shit, Ted. Blame Pat for making me post a link to a The Nation article. LOL If you prefer, I'm sure I can find the quote elsewhere. ;)

While I'm at it, here's another offering from the corporate/government-controlled mainstream media you may have missed... ;D

The Real Pat Tillman Story - In His Own Words

·
Registered
9,024 Posts
PowerWagonPete said:
Tillman had very unembedded feelings about the Iraq War. His close friend Army Spec. Russell Baer remembered, "I can see it like a movie screen. We were outside of [an Iraqi city] watching as bombs were dropping on the town.... We were talking. And Pat said, 'You know, this war is so f***ing illegal.' And we all said, 'Yeah.' That's who he was. He totally was against Bush."

http://www.thenation.com/article/pat-tillman-our-hero ;D
Thank you for posting a link that directly backs up my original statement. This is coming from someone who was sitting with Tillman and heard him say it. The quote in question, is a quote of Baer's. Notice the single-quote around Tillman's line?

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hybrid 1ton said:
Thank you for posting a link that directly backs up my original statement. This is coming from someone who was sitting with Tillman and heard him say it. The quote in question, is a quote of Baer's. Notice the single-quote around Tillman's line?
That's fine, Pat. I'll remember this conversation the next time you or anyone else tries to tell me that the entire 9/11 scenario was pulled off by only 19 A-rabs armed solely with box cutters. ;D

·
Registered
9,024 Posts
PowerWagonPete said:
That's fine, Pat. I'll remember this conversation the next time you or anyone else tries to tell me that the entire 9/11 scenerio was pulled off by only 19 A-rabs armed solely with box cutters. ;D
Listen Pete. You can go on believing what ever tin-foil-hat fueled ideas your little cannabis filled head can come up with. I've given up on trying to understand your "logic" and reasoning. I'm just making a point: You directly quoted Tillman as saying the war was "f*cking illegal", when it fact it is an indirect quote. Simple matter of fact.

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hybrid 1ton said:
Listen Pete. You can go on believing what ever tin-foil-hat fueled ideas your little cannabis filled head can come up with. I've given up on trying to understand your "logic" and reasoning. I'm just making a point: You directly quoted Tillman as saying the war was "f*cking illegal", when it fact it is an indirect quote. Simple matter of fact.
The quote is well-established and verified, Pat. Have another shot of your favorite rotgut and go find someone else to pick on. LOL ;D

·
Registered
9,024 Posts
PowerWagonPete said:
The quote is well-established and verified, Pat. Have another shot of your favorite rotgut and go find someone else to pick on. LOL ;D
So as long as it's verified by sources you deem appropriate, a second or third hand quote is "good enough" for you.

Uhm. Yes Waiter. My friend here would like another helping of discredibility.

·
Registered
423 Posts
does anyone know who the director is please,tell me its not micheal moore or some other hollywood idiot that spits on our military.i have never heard he was fragged anybody have a story link.

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
it was friendly fire, period. anyone giving any other thought to it without evidence is irresponsible and stirring the pot for a reaction. i hate people who do that. they are like the little brats who spewed hate because their life sucked when we were in school.  anyone who has never been in combat has even less of a leg to stand on.  fing people need to move on from Bush too. that hate is doing nothing to fix the things that are wrong in this country. it is actually dividing us farther.

·
Super Moderator
29,558 Posts
The director is some noob named Amir Bar-Lev.  IMDB didn't list any details about him though.

·
Premium Member
16,239 Posts
Shit, he was only a corporal??

1 - 20 of 24 Posts