Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone was telling me today that this park where we're all going requires a smog pump & all that other nonsense. Is there any truth to that?
I PLAN on driving my crewcab out there & wheeling with it, if that makes any difference...
Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I didn't see any topics in this forum about it-

·
Registered
65 Posts
As far as I know you don't need a smog pump or any other nonsense. I don't have one in my Jeep and I wheel it out there all the time, I also drive it around town as my DD. Also I don't have a Catalytic converter. So you will be ok. Kansas is pretty lenient on the emissions stuff.

Jeremy

G

·
The only thing that is required is that you have a Muffler on your vehicle. That is it. It doesnt have to be street legal or registered.

TUTTLE CREEK ORV AREA

The Tuttle Creek ORV Area is located 2 miles southeast of Randolph, Kansas with access off Riley County Road 893 to Secrest Road, then 1 ½ miles east. This 310-acre park is open to all motorized and non-motorized vehicles. Miles of trails with steep climbs, sharp turns, and rugged terrain await the off-road enthusiast.

The Corps has established a few basic rules to help ensure that all users will enjoy a safe visit. We solicit your cooperation in adhering to these rules.

Use only existing trails. Do not break new trails or expand existing trails. This will help prolong the life of the area.

Respect private property by keeping out of it. The area map posted on the bulletin board near the entrance identifies the boundaries where vehicles may be operated. The boundary line is delineated with yellow posts and identification signs. If you encounter these signs, or a barbed wire fence or rock wall, you are approaching private property. Do not proceed any further.

This is a day-use only recreation area. The park is closed from sunset to sunrise. No camping or overnight use is permitted. The nearest campground is Fancy Creek State Park, four miles north.

Since there are no provisions for fires, open fires are not allowed. An illegal campfire escaped in 1994, scorching hundreds of acres of public and private property.

To prevent conflicts, hunting and firearms are prohibited in all of the Corps recreation areas, including the ORV Area. However, the public lands outside of the parks are open to hunting.

We urge you to tread lightly; please refrain from using the area when the ground is soft and muddy. Riding on wet trails greatly hastens their erosion and eventual demise. Also, do not ride up and down the creek beds. They are not trails.

Lastly, always ride with utmost caution. This is a primitive area, with minimal trail maintenance. Use good judgment: don’t go too fast for conditions; don’t drink and drive; don’t show off. Wear helmets, proper clothing, and similar protective gear. All off-road vehicles must have effective mufflers. Remember that use of this area is at your own risk. Be safe and enjoy your return visit.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Whew, thanks for the info! ;D

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
a little nervous there, mike? ;D

do glass packs count as mufflers? hope so....

·
Registered
0 Posts
Yep. Basically all they need is a spark arrestor on there. The muffler will keep any kind of flame from shooting out the exhaust and igniting the land. That's all it's really for. There have been 2 stroke racing bikes in that place, so I know they aren't worried about the noise ;D

Randall

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
YankeeHick79 said:
a little nervous there, mike? ;D

do glass packs count as mufflers? hope so....
Nah, just wondered if I should find that test pipe & gut one of my old smog pumps :D
Glasspacks are mufflers in my view...you should be OK

·
Premium Member
3,461 Posts
crap all I have is the cat and pipe I hope that'll be ok.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
saw960 said:
crap all I have is the cat and pipe I hope that'll be ok.
they aren't gonna question your rig, scott. it's too new. they'll be looking for more along the lines of mine.

·
Premium Member
5,548 Posts
The one time i was there, no one ever looked at my vehicle. i just drover right in no problems. But have a muffleling device acting as a spark arrestor is a good idea. Same for anyone taking thier ATV or bike out there.

·
Registered
65 Posts
There are no guards at the gate or anything. It is more of an, on your honor thing. There are two local clubs that have members out there on a regular basis who act as "reminders" of the rules. But, as you can see, there aren't many rules, just common sense stuff to keep the ORV up and running.

Jeremy

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
i am looking forward to heading out there. as long as i don't break anything big beforehand..... maybe i'll just park that dang thing until RJ!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts