Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here she is, my 88 RC after the rims were polished, the Air Lift installed (raises it about 3") and an overall cleaning that took all day after some serious mudding. She's got a 318 TBI, 727, NP241, yadayada, but with american eagle rims, 32" Dunlop mud terrains, a Dana 60 rear and 44 front, a .360 high rise cam, and a serious sound system, it's by far the nicest RC in my whole area, hands down. Not many are left up here, and they're quickly becoming classics. It's that new England rot cancer. Anyway, I just spent lots on 2 15" Pro-Tech subs powered by a 600 watts RMS Kenwood amp, 2 Bluapunkt 6x9's in the doors, and a Blaupunkt 4x10 in the dash, the highs are run by a Kenwood 300 watt 4-channel. It's all controlled by an Alpine CD/MP3 receiver, new this past Christmas. Tell me what you think and definitely make suggestions. I'm 18 so i'm still impressionable, haha.

Attachments

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Another Pic

Attachments

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Another

Attachments

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
sweet....really nice ride {cool}

ramcharger_blue02 said:
Here she is, my 88 RC after the rims were polished, the Air Lift installed (raises it about 3")
Can u explain that air lift thingy? Just wonder if it's what I think it is...thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hmmmmmm........I think I still hold the poser title, although, if I decided to mud....I would have to do some things to say I had the nicest looking mud truck. Those mp3 players kick ass don't they? I've got the Kenwood Z828, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. ;D

Randall

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
she's beeeeeaaaaautiful!! very nice RC! sounds like your stereo um *ahem* 'scuse me, i mean sound system really rocks!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well if you consider that i spent as much on the system as I did on the truck, yeah, i put alot in. But as for future plans, It's getting aluminum Mopar Performance Big-valve heads, higher compression pistons, all forged parts, a new paint job, all black with chameleon ghost flames, a cowl induction hood with an old "ramcharger" intake scoop grafted onto it. Thought it would be proper. I don't have to touch the exhaust, it has a great big 3 1/2 inch single in, 3 inch dual out with butterfly valves, but i was thinking of side pipes. The open headers, when i pull em open, actually make me lose power I think. Any help? Diamond plating the whole interior, trunk floors, interior sidewalls, door panels. and yes, i am putting on 4 inches of suspension lift, then 35" thornbirds. What dyall think of that one?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
THe air lift is from the company called "Air Lift". THey make a few other products. But I bought the load bearing lift springs. They are a couple of air bags, only in the back, with hoses leading out to where my liscense plate is, where i can fill em up with a hose, brings my rear end up about 3 inches. They must be kept above 10 psi and under 100 psi at all times. I keep em at about 50. Without em, the truck is perfectly level, it doesnt sag or anything. But inflated, it gives it a nice rake. I dont remember how much they go for, but its wasnt ultra expensive. MAYBE it could have been somewhere around a couple hundred bucks. I swear by em, though, i put a buick 350 engine, complete, in the back of my truck, and it rode exactly level. Think about what that would do to a normal R/C. I mean their strong, but, it was just unbelievable. I wouldn't use em as an alternative to a suspension lift though because they tend to deflate after a while.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
ramcharger_blue02 said:
and yes, i am putting on 4 inches of suspension lift, then 35" thornbirds. What dyall think of that one?
well, good luck on fitting 35s under 4" lift...some people can fit, some people can't...the rule of thumb is: at least 5" for 35s, better yet 6", or you cut the fenders....but you'll find out I guess ;)
and thanks for clarifying the air lift thing for me, that's what I thought it was, just making sure ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts