Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 437 Posts

·
Registered
52,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok if you didn't already know I have a 78 D200 now that I acquired from a very nice fellow in SC with 116K miles.

It's rust free and when I say rust free I mean rust free! The rear seat floor seam is bubbling that's it! {cool}

It's got a new 360 crate motor in it that has never been fired, and primer for paint on the outside. The engine bay has been painted white already so we're staying with white.

So it looks like more TSC implement paint is on the books. ;D

I need to hook up the linkages for the carb and trans, speedo cable, one rad hose, one A/C line, one heater hose, hook the driveshaft up to the rear, check the brakes (E-brakes work and the cables are good! :eek:) put one rear door window in, possibly a rear slider window in, some body work on one door, pop the roof back out, and a few dings, then paint, and put the interior together. ;D

I'll be taking it to "Preacher" later on for the true dual 3" exhaust since he now has a pipe bender. ;)

I will be posting pics as things progress. ;)

Attachments

·
Banned
64 Posts
thats a sweet lookin truck ... thats one of the things I like best about the south, the cars and trucks are in such good shape compared to the north east ...

·
Registered
52,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Husker said:
thats a sweet lookin truck ... thats one of the things I like best about the south, the cars and trucks are in such good shape compared to the north east ...
Thanks it's gonna get better looking. ;)

Yes I have to agree to a point. Once you get below that line in GA where there is salt water air it's bad. My diesel frame started rusting while I was in FL for 6 weeks on the frame I just painted. :'(

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
sweeet!

needs a 4x4 conversion and a cummins, but thats just my opinion ;D

·
Registered
52,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AZ-Trailduster said:
sweeet!

needs a 4x4 conversion and a cummins, but thats just my opinion ;D
For now we're just going to keep it the way it is. ;)

The CTD may come depending on fuel millage, and the 4x4 I have everything to convert it but since it's a family trip truck it's really not needed.

·
Registered
52,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jungle said:
Whats the game plain?
tear the seats out, pull and drain the gas tank, paint the inside, hook all the linkages up, get it started and driving, pull the bed off, paint the cab, paint the bed, and get it on the road. ;D

Should be done in a week......... :p NOT!

·
Registered
52,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Seats are out. Gas tank has holes.  :'(

Floor is rustier than I thought.  :'(

Attachments

·
Registered
52,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I ordered floor pans today, and a gas tank sealer kit. They both should be here in a week.  :-\

Tom Petty said it best the waiting is the hardest part.......  ;D

Meanwhile I'll be getting all the small stuff under the hood done/hooked up. Firing order wired right, trans linkage, speedo cable, throttle cable/kickdown, drive shaft on, hoses on, and fill it with antifreeze. Then I guess I'll pull the wheels and check the brakes, and bleed them out.

If I get all that done I'll be starting the body work till the floor come.  {noclue}

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
good thing you have had practice welding in floor pans :)

·
Registered
52,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ribcracker said:
good thing you have had practice welding in floor pans :)
Yeah really........ :eek: {think} I've done 3 trucks in the last 2years.

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
I want a four door!! ;D Nice rig!!!

·
Registered
52,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Stepside Billy said:
I want a four door!! ;D Nice rig!!!
That's what I've been saying for over a year now....... :p

·
Registered
52,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Much to my surprise the tank seal kit came today from Eastwood.  :eek: One day shipping!  {cool}

I guess that's on the block of things to do after I get the motor in and running on the wheel horse.  ;)

G

·
Nice crew-cab, wish either one of mine had as little rust!! And to think that you found it so close to me,
oh well, I'll find a cab for mine one of these days ;)

·
Registered
52,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
440 w200 crew said:
Nice crew-cab, wish either one of mine had as little rust!! And to think that you found it so close to me,
oh well, I'll find a cab for mine one of these days ;)
Yes SC is closer to NC than PA........ ;D

I couldn't see the floor rust with the rubber mat down but hey all the mounts are perfect, floor supports, rockers, fenders, bed, and doors, so it's just floor pans because of the dang matting they put under the rubber........ :-\

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Every Crew with a rubber floor mat that I've seen has some degree of rust like that.  Even trucks from eastern Oregon, where its very dry.  The insulation sucks up moisture, and the rubber keeps it there.  Bad combo...

·
Registered
52,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
cragdweller said:
Every Crew with a rubber floor mat that I've seen has some degree of rust like that. Even trucks from eastern Oregon, where its very dry. The insulation sucks up moisture, and the rubber keeps it there. Bad combo...
I agree. {yes} The question is how do you deaden the sound and keep the moisture from getting trapped. :-\

·
Administrator
60,205 Posts
mopar65pa said:
I agree. {yes} The question is how do you deaden the sound and keep the moisture from getting trapped. :-\
I found some truck mud flaps, with the antispray design, cut them to fit on the floor with the design downward, to hopefully promote air circulation. Then put the jute, and carpet on top.

1 - 20 of 437 Posts