Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all, ;D

At the last I'm able to purchase and fit a lift kit, I checked Rocky Mountain web site and I found a lot of their interesting offers. ???
Unfortunatelly they've not an email address for technical queries, so I need to ask your help again.
::)As far as the lift I would fit a 6" kit (without rear blocks) as the wheels should be very tall like 35-12.50R5 or 9.00R16, so a lower lift kit will be unuseful, regarding to the brake lines I'll choose Skyjacker longer stainless steel lines, I also will buy a pair of steering stabilizers, a pitman arm and all the stuff needed to make a great job, off course. ;)
But I have a question for the suspension experts: which are the more confortable spring leafs on the market ? I mean: I need a higher truck but I don't want it to betall and stiff, I like flexibility but I dont' want the truck rides too soft....I like to drive it off road and I want it goes like a spider on the rocks , but I need to drive it everyday and so, which leaf springs suit the needs of an everyday Ramcharger driver ?

Thanks guys !!

Marcello

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes,

But shoud I fit a 4" kit with a 35-12.50R15 tyre ? I'm almost sure this tyres are too tall for a so low lift.
And what about 9.00R16, have you ever tried or seen them, they are 38" but they're large only 11"!

Marcello

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
The taller the lift the stiffer it "may" ride. It will take more arch in the springs. It also depends on on many leaves they use and if they are thin or thick leaves. I have a 4" suspension and 3" body lift and clear 38" with no problem. Of course it rides a little rough which doesn't concern me.

·
Registered
171 Posts
When I purchased my skyjacker 6" lift, the rear springs were the same as the 4" lift. for the 4" kit, they tell you to remove the factory block, and to leave it in for the 6" kit. I like to have a lot of lift because I do a lot of rock crawling and want/need lots of room for articulation. I have been told by many Skyjacker is the smoothest riding system. I can say that my BDS kit on my Wrangler is Rock solid stiff! My buddy & I can jump on the fron (about 450 lbs combined) & it does not budge!!! Hope that helps!

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
if your serious about wheeling, then you want little lift with lots of tire, and trim the fenders to fit. a 6 inch lift will clear 35s, but a 4 in lift and fender trimming will keep you COG lower, making it more stable.

Duane

·
Registered
171 Posts
I failed to mention that if you opt for more lift, it should be soft & flexible for stability. It's hard to get it just right. With only fender trimming & big tires, the suspension will max out quickly when climbing a rock & shifting off camber. If you continue to climb, your wheels will begin to lift off the ground. With more suspension travel, your wheels will remain touching the ground. Then again, I do major obstacles with my RC (downright :-\ insane) and competition rock-crawling. It's all in what you want to do.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,
I'm running 35" tires with a 2 1/2" lift on my 92 Ramcharger and only had to modify the front(bumper side) fender lower lips. Cut off about 1 1/2" so the tire didn't rub on hard dips while turning. If your going to do some serious off roading (when you go) than at least 4'' if your going to run 35" tires. I don't know if anyone has ever bought from Jackit.com but they were very helpful for me when I had problems with my orignal lift I had installed ( a 4" kit) and had problems with the front spring bolts being a different size. I did'nt even buy the kit from them, but they still helped me!!! You can call them or email them. Apparently they combine springs, shocks and bushings and give you the best or most complete kit. So maybe they can be of some help to you. If anyone else has delt with them please offer up your experience. Be sure you know what you want and read the return policy and charges that may apply before you buy. I had to pay the return shipping on the 4" kit I bought and they almost charged me for the shipping out to me and a restocking fee!! This was not Jackit.com!!!! It was another company. So good luck in your search and keep 4 wheeling.

Steve

·
Registered
412 Posts
I have a 6'' lift and aside from it being a major PITA, I like the look but not the top heavyness + its stiff for my little reg cab short box half ton.

If anyone else has this lift could you answer me a couple questions?

#1 The rear shock part numbers say they are for a 6'' lift yet they are to short to bolt on. We just got them on with the trucks weight on the lift but at full droop the shocks are too short to be bolted on any one else have this problem?

#2 The bed of the truck is about 3'' higher than the front, it only has 100-150 miles on it do I need to drive it more to have the springs settle?

#3 Does anyone get any flex out of this suspension???? Cuz I aint getting shit and with my open diff's its more helpless now than it was stock.

#4 This may sound stupid but would the front end be lower because of my big block motor 400cid (extra weight???)

Long winded but I payed a lot for this lift and I just seem to be running in circles. Thanks a ton.

·
Registered
29,688 Posts
this is a repete

heres my take on that subject / the BIGGEST tire you can run with little or NO lift at all / thats how the big boys do it / just watch rock crawling on TV / l personnally run 35 Boggers with almost NO lift at All / just cut the crap out of the body and go / the lockers help a little bit but the low land attitude helps more / any thing higher than a Honda Civic and l get a nose bleed and l consider myself a PRO rock crawler for were l live

1 - 10 of 10 Posts