Dodge RamCharger Central banner

The Legendary black ghost

629 Views 31 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  TheBohunk
Wow, a million dollars.

I agree with uncle Tony, it is not a 5400 mile car. A quick search, and I also cannot find any reference to this black ghost story before 2020.

Too bad he went against his dads wishes, and sold it. But then again, a million dollars can do a lot more then a car can.
See less See more
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Yeah I saw that story. That's too funny. I wonder how the sucker who payed that much for it feels now knowing it's history is fake! Hahaha, sucker! Everything is fake. This whole world is fake!
Reactions: 1
I remember reading about it and several other Detroit area street racing "legends" in one of the Mopar mags in the 90s. Not saying it's worth the price it brought, but it does have a real story behind it.

And as usual, Tony is a hack and a moron.
The real story is who would be dumb enough to pay $1 million even if the legend was true. Incredibly stupid imo
Reactions: 3
Tony thinks he鈥檚 the greatest and best and New York was the only scene that mattered. I haven鈥檛 watched the video but I鈥檓 calling bullshit. I mean, the car came out what, three years ago? And I鈥檝e not heard anyone say it鈥檚 bogus other than Tony. So鈥.what is it?

And to call it stupid to pay a mil for a car. Sounds like someone鈥檚 jealous. Come on guy, get a grip. Whoever bought it has the means and thinks the value is there, so good for them. Calling someone stupid though? Well, I鈥檓 fairly confident they are more financially sound than anyone in this forum so鈥.maybe we鈥檙e too dumb to make that kind of money.
Reactions: 2
So it IS a legend? Who knows what is true anymore.
Tony thinks he鈥檚 the greatest and best and New York was the only scene that mattered. I haven鈥檛 watched the video but I鈥檓 calling bullshit. I mean, the car came out what, three years ago? And I鈥檝e not heard anyone say it鈥檚 bogus other than Tony. So鈥.what is it?

And to call it stupid to pay a mil for a car. Sounds like someone鈥檚 jealous. Come on guy, get a grip. Whoever bought it has the means and thinks the value is there, so good for them. Calling someone stupid though? Well, I鈥檓 fairly confident they are more financially sound than anyone in this forum so鈥.maybe we鈥檙e too dumb to make that kind of money.
You're on a forum where members question $1000 for a truck, so be aware of the audience. Just because we question the value of a vehicle doesn't mean we can't afford it. A fool and his money is how I see it. Sure, he can spend it as he likes, but that doesn't mean we can't say the emperor has no clothes.
I remember reading about it and several other Detroit area street racing "legends" in one of the Mopar mags in the 90s. Not saying it's worth the price it brought, but it does have a real story behind it.

And as usual, Tony is a hack and a moron.
Mopar Collectors Guide just did a big story on the history about this car.

Yeah. I don't know about that Tony guy.
Yea, I am not a big tony (Uncle tony that is). But I still think the story is either made up, or way over hyped. Just the kind of story to make a car sell for more.
Yea, I am not a big tony (Uncle tony that is). But I still think the story is either made up, or way over hyped. Just the kind of story to make a car sell for more.
Have you seen all those videos out there about Joe Walsh's death?

Stupid way to get views I guess.

Scat, you were thinking the same thing i was,......
jealousy,....and too eager to believe its false.

I see that all the time about other musicians and how they apparently died, so ridiculous. There is so much disinformation out there nowadays that it's out of control. Who knows what to believe anymore.

You got it. An admin on a sailing board for VS, says he has two members that do a fair amount of videos, and they each make well over a million a year. One has topped $3 million the last few years.

On you tube, it is not how accurate you are, but how many views and likes you get. $3 Million, explains why the one guy wrecked a good airplane for views. Charisma sells. Knowledge not as well.
I read about this car about 2-3 years ago in a magazine. I thought it was my Hagerty Driver's Club mag because that's the only one I subscribe to.

I wouldn't think it would bring a million but with this Joe Biden inflation train chuggin along shouldn't be too surprised.

Bucky
o_O Politics? on a truck board. Say it aint so.
  • Haha
o_O Politics? on a truck board. Say it aint so.
Vehicle prices....is it due to appreciation or inflation? Both? Or in this case someone chunking down a load of money to get what they want. Investment or just showing off?

Vehicles are bought & sold with money. Money or currency that has a dead politicians image on it & it's value somewhat determined by policies of their living colleagues. So in a way one cannot be totally separate from the other.

Bucky
As for the value? Well it is a Hemi Challenger so right off the rip, story of not you have a premium buy in. When I first saw pictures I thought much the same as tony's vid said. Other then being a Hemi car, I just dont see where its making the power, or putting it to the ground, to be a legendary street racer.
I don't like UTG, he empty talk too much. blablablabla
LOL, Yes he does. Is there any good ones? Some have started out good, then they get desperate to find stuff. The money they get ruins the quality.
I like Davin from Hagerty, would work in is shop.
He does all kind of mechanical thing, Subaru, straight 8, honda dirt bike, Cadillac.
I like his motto, ''get in the shop and do something''
1 - 20 of 32 Posts