Dodge RamCharger Central banner
141 - 160 of 172 Posts
Discussion starter · #141 ·
Hey All,
Saturday, February 28, 2020, Afternoon Update:

The First JPG (below) shows a Trio of Switches. The Switch on the Left is the Run Switch.

The Second JPG (below) is of the back of the Voltmeter.

The Third JPG (below) is of both the Switches, AND the Voltmeter.

The lower LEFT Knurled Thumb Nut (KTN) holding the Red Wire with the Ring Fitting that is lying on the Back of the Dash Panel is a Ground Connection FROM the (-) Terminal of the Voltmeter.

The other Red Wire FROM the Run Switch TO the lower RIGHT KTN is TO the (+) Terminal of the Voltmeter.

When the Run Switch is turned ON, Current flows FROM the Run Switch, INTO the Voltmeter, then OUT of the Voltmeter to Ground, and the Voltmeter MEASURES the number of Volts flowing THROUGH the Meter.

That is what is SUPPOSED to happen. Whether it ACTUALLY will happen remains to be seen.

The Red Wire running on the other side of the Volt Meter is the Wire supplying the Gauges with Current to their Instrument Lights.

Also, notice the Black Wire coming from the (+) Terminal of the Voltmeter. THAT is where Current TO another Gauge is coming FROM. When the Run Switch is OFF, neither the Voltmeter nor the other Gauge will be active.

Anyway, that's the First exposition of Lorrie's SEVEN Gauges, and SIX Switches. Next we will deal with Lorrie's Tachometer. Will keep you all updated if, when, and as progress occurs. Take care everyone.

JC

Attachments

JCAllison said:
Anyway, it's nice here today, except for being cold. On another note, am missing Mr. KLQ, and Reed. Anyone seen either one of them around anywhere? Am going to finish here, and then get out the ATW (see JPG below), and bring everything from yesterday's Shopping Spree in from Ms. American. Then am going to take the JPGs of Lorrie's Circuitry. Watch for it.

Take care.

JC
I'm still lurking around. I've been watching what's been happening here.
Thanks for noticing.
I had my left knee replaced. So I've been doing a lot of therapy and small chores around the house.
I mowed the lawn this morning. Shssss... don't tell my doctor. He'll freak out.
Even though therapy is way tougher than lawn mowing.

GOOD for you JC and GREAT for Julio.......I know he realizes you are helping him......Roslimbeo on the other hand probably caused Julio's bad ear?? :eek:

Glad you were able to help him......have a good evening!! ;) :)

KOKO.......

Discussion starter · #144 ·
Coosawjack said:
GOOD for you JC and GREAT for Julio.
Hey Jack, have made a MAJOR leap forward!

But before we get to THAT, will say THIS... Julio's Ear bled quite a bit once it was lanced, which is GOOD. The blood washes out the wound. Don't think it will seal up either. the slit was sizable. If it will continue to drain, the infection will decrease. The other good thing is that if he will continue to come around regularly, his ear won't have to be lanced again. All that will have to be done is to use a paper towel to squeeze it, and the lance will open and whatever is inside will come out. We'll keep doing that till his ear is healed up.
I know he realizes you are helping him.
That before he was abandoned, he was domestic. That means that he has probably been taken care of before. They just know when someone is on their side.
Roslimbeo on the other hand probably caused Julio's bad ear?? :eek: KOKO.......
Very possible. But they don't seem to have any animosity between them. Roslimbeo sees me dealing with Julio, and doesn't seem to be jealous. And from what just happened, he may even be taking a lesson from it.

So WHAT just happened?

Was preparing to fix Ms. American's Hood Latch. It's missing a part that makes it easy to open the Hood. My hands are not strong enough anymore to force it. Have lubricated it, and that used to help, but no longer.

What is needed is something to hook my fingers around and pull.

Took a coffee can of Bolts out, laid down under the front end and tried Bolt after Bolt till one finally fit. Threaded it in, and tightened it with a pair of SMALL Vise Grips. Now it comes open easily.

Finished. Came back with the can of Bolts, and Roslimbeo was by the door. He didn't move when I approached. Pushed the door open, and stepped over him, and once inside held the door open. Roslimbeo looked in, quite curious. I said: "Well... Are you coming in?" He looked up at me, and then just walked IN!

Let go of the door, and it goes shut, and he's INSIDE! He didn't panic. He just walked around the room, looking at everything. Then he was looking at the door, so I opened it, and he hesitated for a moment, then sauntered out, like it was no big deal!

If he will start coming in, it won't be long before he'll let me touch him without having his instinctual fear intervene. If he can get used to me touching him, not only will I be HIS human, he'll become MY cat! Pretty interesting this bonding process. BTW, he did eat a bit. Not much, but he did eat.
Glad you were able to help him......have a good evening!! ;) :)
It has been a pretty nice day. Am resting up from yesterday.

Anyway, it's time to feed the Pussy Cats, take my meds and head for bed. Have a good night, you hear?

JC

Discussion starter · #146 ·
Coosawjack said:
There ya go. little by little......step by step........PROGRESS!! ;) :)
Hey Jack, Got the morning chores done, loaded up two dishes of cat chow (one for Roslimbeo, and one for Julio), took them to the Door. Opened the door, and there was Roslimbeo. Put down his bowl, and he is eating again.
Have a good weekend.....you and your new CRITTER BUDDIES!! 8) KOKO.........
Am going to be starting on Lorrie's Electrical today. Have to remove the Sheet Metal Center Section to be able to get to the BATT Terminal of the Alternator. Have an 8 Gauge Wire with a BIG Fitting to install on the BATT Terminal. Then will route it up to the Fuse Rack. It will get an 8 Gauge Fork Fitting, and be connected to the Buss Bar on the fuse Rack. If I get THAT done today, we're on our way! Want to get at least ONE Wire a day connected. There ARE some Wires that will get connected at a faster rate, but at LEAST one a day (as weather permits).

Next will be the Wire FROM the FIELD Terminal of the Alternator TO the Electronic Voltage Regulator's Field Terminal.

Weather here is pretty nice already this morning. If it doesn't decide to cloud over!

Hope YOU are Warm&Dry.

JC

Discussion starter · #147 ·
Hey All,
Saturday, February 29, 2020, Mid-Afternoon Update:

Went out to where Lorrie Van Haul has been sitting for months, and months, with the intention of installing the 8 Gauge Wire that goes FROM the Alternator's BATT Terminal TO the Buss Bar on the Fuse Rack. Got the OLD Wire taken off, along with the Ground Wire, only to find that Lorrie has never had a wire connected to the Alternator's FIELD Terminal! Don't know HOW she has been running like that for many years.

Don't know what to do next.

JC

Discussion starter · #148 ·
Am going to be gone indefinitely. Take care everyone.

JC

hes fine, been talking to him- dont want to put words in his mouth, but think just the amount of time to document everything was taking too much of his limited time, and for now has kinda abandoned the internet forums completely... asked to maybe put a little update on occasion, and got a 'maybe'... but he is in good spirits and 'keepin on'. whether we see him come back or not will just need to wait and see...

i'm sure if he has a Dodge specific problem/question he would most likely be in here, but my gut feel is the 'great' capers may be kaput at least till something less 'last vehicle of its kind' related might pop up... think the worry is being the last P200, the only 57B PI galaxie, etc, that theres not a lot of chance of it ever helping anyone...

my take is HE and his perseverance at taking on many of these 'heavy' jobs has got to be inspiring to anyone that knows his situation, he has a ton of challenges to deal with daily that hopefully most of us never will, and Ive just always been amazed at his tenacity for lack of a better word...he may tire quickly, but he dont quit the job at hand... I just get the feeling that his passion for writing in the Capers might have been becoming a chore... we'll just have to wait and see- i do hope he'll maybe at least pop in on occasion and let folks know he is still moving forward, but think it might be a while.

Ive always enjoyed reading his posts/stories a lot, but never really thought about the hours he must pour into them- hope everyone else thats been following along in here is doing well too- time change this weekend warmer weather just around the corner...cant wait :)  Tim

afraid so... weird thing, buddies daughters working at a hospital- near empty-'waiting for the surge'...still dont know anyone who knows anyone who had it yet, several folks had a very mild flu a few weeks ago- mighta been it, as with most folks its not bad... but folks with respiratory issues, its really bad. more odditys, on the UK.Gov website, they degraded it off of their highly infectious disease list 2 weeks ago, because mortality was lower than normal flu- *some* think due to lack of testing, that the mortality rate was way way exaggerated- I sure hope so, for its victims sake, but if so- what a way to wreck everything... think we lost about 80,000 to the flu last year- gotta wonder how many of those coulda been avoided by simply washing hands and not shaking hands... if this thing ends up less than 80,000 great- but that would mean a huge over reaction this year- or severe under reaction last year...still hope it goes that way but if it does,the CDC best get their act together... if it goes as bad as the media hype, God help us :(

141 - 160 of 172 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.