Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Interesting.
Won't grow in Tennessee though.  :p
If I lived in a tropical area, I would grow avacados for a daily guacamole fix.  ;D
Another interesting plant is switchgrass. It has a much greater producer of alcohol (via biomass) than corn and it is a weed.  A plains grass.  Nobody eats it.  Not going to send food prices skyward. 
Ever hear of it? 
Do you get the feeling it is all political??

·
Registered
52,716 Posts
Yes I heard of this before.  ;D

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
ramchargertodd said:
Do you get the feeling it is all political??
Hemp is far superior to any of the above choices for both biomass and oil production, so yeah. LOL 8)

·
Registered
236 Posts
PowerWagonPete said:
Hemp is far superior to any of the above choices for both biomass and oil production, so yeah. LOL 8)
Hippie.

LOL!

·
Premium Member
24,598 Posts
PowerWagonPete said:
Hemp is weak in comparison to some other green plant materials.

Most of this stuff also takes too long to harvest a crop, especially since the alternative is ready to harvest in 24 hours, and then again each 24hr after that.

Then add in a few tons of nitrates and phosphorus, and who knows how much water and it becomes slightly less cost effective.

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
RVA RC said:
Hippie.

LOL!
;)

s ǝoɾ said:
Hemp is weak in comparison to some other green plant materials.

Most of this stuff also takes too long to harvest a crop, especially since the alternative is ready to harvest in 24 hours, and then again each 24hr after that.

Then add in a few tons of nitrates and phosphorus, and who knows how much water and it becomes slightly less cost effective.
Oh yeah?...

http://forums.cannabisculture.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1175917&site_id=1#import

Beats the hell out of corn, Joe. ;D

·
Registered
10,220 Posts
Hemp is far far underated, it can be used for fuel, made into clothing, used to make stuff like rope and canvas.  If I had a farm I would grow hemp without the thc, for material to be made into this stuff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts