Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Good looking Olds. The paint looks really nice. My only question is why didnt you use a olds motor? Was it a 305 from the factory?

·
Registered
756 Posts
a buddy of mine has an 84 cutlass, that came originally with a 305 chevy

·
Registered
756 Posts
really? i was not aware of that

·
Premium Member
12,766 Posts
looks pretty good. nice an clean.

my favorite GM was a 1980 monte carlo i had in Ft Stewart GA. wish i still had it just for a daily driver. i would have put an EFI vortec in it with a OD trans and LSD'd the rear an called it good. good luck with the olds. i had a GF who had an 83 or 4 with a v8 an a 2bbl. nice backseat!!!

·
Registered
9,475 Posts
Dude, sweet Olds...I always liked that body style...I found an 87 near my house for 995 but I don't have the space for a second car...maybe over the summer...

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah Willy, the back seat is like a couch ;D
I also had an 80 monte. It didn't handle my abuses to well, but it was a fun car

RED90RC, if you come acrossed another deal like that, take it. One of the really nice things about these cars is that the junkyards are loaded with treasures for them, so they are really cheap to keep around.

·
Premium Member
12,766 Posts
i really liked the 4 coil suspension on it. cush ride. but the plasty baby bumpers and crap chevy dashes were a turn off. mine had a sun roof too.

·
Registered
9,475 Posts
I had two friends in high school that had em...one had a burgundy on burgundy V8...another had a light blue ext. with dark blue velour I think interior...that blue one was nice...the burgundy one was ok but it looked beat...

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Small update on the cutlass;

my goals for this winter were- transmision/shift kit, higher stall torque converter, electric fan, and install better gears in the rear (2.41's now, I want 3.73).

I have the fan installed, I purchased a 2500 rpm stall, and should be getting the tranny and shifft kit in the next week or two. the rear end may be wishfull thinking for this winter, $$ is tight.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts