Dodge RamCharger Central banner
61 - 80 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I kinda agree that a patient is just a number & dollar sign to our medical "industry". The technology obviously exists to treat/cure/heal but the norm seems to be get folks on pills & keep "treating" them for their issues, for considerable amount of time & $$$$$$$$$$. I'm not sure who ranks the lowest in the swamp (besides politicians), Medical/big Pharma, Lawyers, Insurance, salesman & yes, many preachers.

Bucky

·
Registered
21,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
GMO's save lives every day, feed millions and reduce starvation.
Interesting, Kendall. Could you explain how this is so and cite several examples, please. :unsure:

·
29,356 Posts
How far would you like to go?.....

We can start with Insulin and Golden rice.

I don't think I need to provide an example of why insulin is a good thing, but Golden rice is produced in areas where lack of Vitamin A kills hundreds of thousands of kids every year. Golden rice addresses this.

Then there are the myriad of other benefits that don't fit into 'life saving' such as increased crop yields, increased nutrition etc etc.

(patiently awaiting canned GMO myths from our myth purveyor Pete).

·
29,356 Posts
I kinda agree that a patient is just a number & dollar sign to our medical "industry". The technology obviously exists to treat/cure/heal but the norm seems to be get folks on pills & keep "treating" them for their issues, for considerable amount of time & $$$$$$$$$$. I'm not sure who ranks the lowest in the swamp (besides politicians), Medical/big Pharma, Lawyers, Insurance, salesman & yes, many preachers.

Bucky
Ahhh yes, the hidden cures. There's always a conspiracy theory. If you think so poorly of doctors, I suggest you stay consistent in that belief and not rely on their services......ever.

·
Registered
901 Posts

Bucky
Healthy people don't make the doctors and pharma money. The food industry has made the medical industry a lot of money. Don't eat what you can't pronounce. Use single ingrediant food for your recipes. KETO, Mediteranian, WHOLE30. Live healthy, eat healthy, stay healthy.

·
Administrator
59,743 Posts
Ok, so crops that are resistant to roundup does yield larger crops, and easier on the farmer. But what is the side effect when crops are sprayed like crazy with roundup, and people eat said crops? Or is roundup safe for human consumption?

·
29,356 Posts
Don't eat what you can't pronounce.
Forgive my bluntness, but that is one of the most asinine statements that the mommy bloggers have ever come up with. If I can pronounce cyanide, arsenic, chromium and lot's of other stuff, does that mean they are safe?

·
29,356 Posts
Ok, so crops that are resistant to roundup does yield larger crops, and easier on the farmer. But what is the side effect when crops are sprayed like crazy with roundup, and people eat said crops? Or is roundup safe for human consumption?
Couple things....first of all, they are not "sprayed like crazy". The beauty of roundup resistant crops is that they require less pesticides than those that aren't.

Also, there are a lot of things far more toxic than Round Up, caffeine for example. Don't fall for the mommy blogger myths. The dose makes the poison, it would take way more Round Up to kill you than caffeine, alcohol, nicotine etc. would.

As an example of the stupidly of the misinformed......a few years ago the EWG (pseudoscience organization) found about 51 parts per billion (with a "B") of Glyphosate (ingredient Round Up, listed as a suspected carcinogen, in the same category as steak) in wine. Everyone shits a brick (because they don't know any better), yet they don't bat an eye at the 130,000 parts per million (with an "M") of a KNOWN carcinogen (ethyl alcohol) in the wine.

·
29,356 Posts
For good measure, look at these two charts, they show relative toxicity based on lethal concentrations. One is based on acute exposure, the other is chronic. Lower on the list is more toxic.

Note where Glyphosate sits, now compare it to nicotine, rotenone (organic pesticide), copper sulfate (organic pesticide) and others. Look at the most toxic on the acute list.....Botox....people inject that into their face (some while also being anti-vaxxers).

All of those things have a safe dose and a toxic dose (just like EVERYTHING else). You can see, there are far worse things, things that many folks consume daily.
FB_IMG_1525872410535.jpg
FB_IMG_1525872421825.jpg

·
Administrator
59,743 Posts
Thats not what they guy on TV says. :rolleyes:

For the first time, the International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health reported that the endocrine disruption was demonstrated due to the co-formulants or inert/confidential compounds also. The Institute of Science in Society (ISIS), in 2014 published that the POEA added in Roundup weed killer is most toxic to human cells and also increases the glyphosate toxic effects.

Multiple studies have presented that Roundup formulation is far more dangerous than glyphosate alone making it clear that inert ingredients in this herbicide are not as inert as they are called

Monsanto Has Admitted That It Lacks Extensive Safety Tests on Their Formulated Products

Its not the toxicity that is the main issue, but the effects it has on human cells. At one time, the government said agent orange was safe, but now it is costing them billions of dollars for treating the soldiers, sailors, Airmen, and civilians they have mutated.

Yea, I do not give lots of weight to government and industry reports on product safety.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Everything on that list says the govt approved it. More reason NOT to trust it. Because they're from the govt and they're here to help. NOPE!

·
29,356 Posts
Thats not what they guy on TV says. :rolleyes:

Its not the toxicity that is the main issue, but the effects it has on human cells. At one time, the government said agent orange was safe, but now it is costing them billions of dollars for treating the soldiers, sailors, Airmen, and civilians they have mutated.

Yea, I do not give lots of weight to government and industry reports on product safety.
But you give credence to lawyers when it comes to product safety? (your source is from a law firm looking to drum up business). The article references several studies, but does not cite any of them but one (which I am looking into). The headline says "may cause" then the opening line says "does cause". Your source is very questionable.

The important thing to understand is at what dose does it cause a problem? I don't see that in the one study cited in the article.

That aside, would you accept rotenone as a safe alternative? After all, it meets the USDA's definition of "organic".

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Ahhh yes, the hidden cures. There's always a conspiracy theory. If you think so poorly of doctors, I suggest you stay consistent in that belief and not rely on their services......ever.
Not sure what you're getting at. I didn't say anything about conspiracy. I just really don't go to doctors. I think a big portion of our society has somehow gotten too dependent upon them. Always going back because they perceive they should feel a little bit "better". I didn't say the medical industry wasn't needed, just that people have fell into the role of patient/victim. And the industry preys upon that. Same could be said of religion, drugs, gambling.

I'm 53, active, in decent but not perfect shape. Yes I could stand to lose weight & have better numbers. But I eat responsibly, don't dick with coffee, booze, sodas, donuts, smokes. I'm not a gym rat, I work for a living. Yes I'm sore or achy from time to time. But I'm not running down to get on some pill.

I likely would go to a physician for an injury or disease. I have in the past. But not really interested in getting looked over for every little bump or sneeze.

Bucky

·
Administrator
59,743 Posts
But you give credence to lawyers when it comes to product safety? (your source is from a law firm looking to drum up business). The article references several studies, but does not cite any of them but one (which I am looking into). The headline says "may cause" then the opening line says "does cause". Your source is very questionable.

The important thing to understand is at what dose does it cause a problem? I don't see that in the one study cited in the article.

That aside, would you accept rotenone as a safe alternative? After all, it meets the USDA's definition of "organic".
So are you saying that lawyers are winning major lawsuits based on false science? :unsure:

·
29,356 Posts
Not sure what you're getting at. I didn't say anything about conspiracy.
You said:

I kinda agree that a patient is just a number & dollar sign to our medical "industry". The technology obviously exists to treat/cure/heal but the norm seems to be get folks on pills & keep "treating" them for their issues, for considerable amount of time & $$$$$$$$$$
Saying that cures exist, but they are keeping them from people in favor of pills just for the money, is a conspiracy theory.

·
29,356 Posts

·
Administrator
59,743 Posts
Sounds like they jump to a lot of conclusions.

These activists hate the fact that the popular herbicide is used by millions of farmers around the world to clear weeds out of their fields planted in commodity crops genetically enhanced to resist it.

Using bogusly generated claims about glyphosate's carcinogenicity, trial lawyers have managed to bamboozle sympathetic juries into awarding hundreds of millions of dollars to their clients.

Bottom line: Activist-generated scientifically bogus extortion worked.
Maybe they just do not have real science behind them. An activist group can out lawyer a big firm like Bayer? My, My, what is this world getting to?

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Saying that cures exist, but they are keeping them from people in favor of pills just for the money, is a conspiracy theory.
I'm saying I don't believe the medical industry as a whole is totally on the up & down, there's some padding of the pockets & many people are put on pills that just treat symptoms without ever addressing the cause of the symptoms. Just watch an evening of broadcast television (if you can stomach it). Plenty of BigPharma commercials telling the viewer "if you've experienced such & such, you may need to see your physician & see if our pill is for you". Sure, sometimes it's the patient's fault because they'd rather take a pill than make a lifestyle change. But sometimes is just simpler for Doc to just write a script or hand out some samples instead of digging further into the matter, because that would require more time than the 4 minutes of face to face time per appointment allows. BigPharma keeps the good Doc's stocking stuffed.
Then there's the "we got all the cancer out, but let's do 30 rounds of radiation just to be sure" drill. No theory, it does happen. I'm not against science or doctors themselves, but have issues the medical industry itself. It's big damn business and a good deal of it is shady.

Bucky

·
Administrator
59,743 Posts
Then there's the "we got all the cancer out, but let's do 30 rounds of radiation just to be sure" drill. No theory, it does happen. I'm not against science or doctors themselves, but have issues the medical industry itself. It's big damn business and a good deal of it is shady.
I gotta say, If I was the patient, I would rather have both treatments. I had cancer, and my first and only thought was get it all out.I have had too many friends and family pass away because it was caught too late, or Doctors wanted to do all the fancy drugs, over surgery. 30 years ago, I thought like you do. But since I have seen too many pass away due to cancer returning.

Now, all these other fancy new drugs, and big pharma, we can agree.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Often the treatment offered is more related to how good the insurance is than the disease itself. Two people can be in the exact same condition yet not be prescribed the same care. When my Dad's insurance ran out, suddenly he was deemed "healed" & sent home (to die under the care of my 81 year old mother) even with a feeding tube & trach still in place..... I have actually had a dentist inquire about how much the maximum amount of $$ my dental plan would pay for the year (it was December), so he could charge that amount, then ask me to come back in January & get next year's $$ too. All for 1 single bad tooth. When BigInsurance & BigPharma got involved it pretty much eliminated the Doc Baker's of the world.

Bucky

61 - 80 of 144 Posts