Dodge RamCharger Central banner
81 - 100 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 · (Edited)
Anyhow, Panda, the point here is you have to physically turn the cruise off. At least on my
Thanks for sharing your experience.
I tested my cruise control yesterday and it turns off when I hit the brakes. That's good news.
However I don't know how does the RESUME option works.
There's a SET button at the end of the lever and a slider switch to RESUME. Moving the slider right makes no effect.
Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Car Automotive design

·
Registered
944 Posts
If it was a factory cruise control, It should turn off. Chrysler used the same cruise box from 71 or so to 88. Likely just a brake light switch out of adjustment. Are you sure your brake lights are working?
It hasn't been driven more than a couple miles in the last year, the brake lights worked when i checked but that was probably over a year ago.

It's factory cruise. I just assumed that;s how it worked. :unsure:

Nevermind, Panda. Mine is apparently not working correctly. :LOL:

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Yours may be broken but it'd still like to know how does the RESUME button work? ;)

·
Administrator
61,834 Posts
If you hit the brakes, and the cruise disengages, Tapping the resume should bring you back to the set speed. Holding it when at a set speed, the vehicle should accelerate (accel/resume) until you release the button, and the vehicle should stay at that new set speed. The reverse is true if you hold the decelerate (Set/ decel) button, it will coast until you release the button. The cruise memory will be lost if you turn off the cruise, or the ignition switch, and then you need to turn it on and hit the set button (Set/ decel) to use it again.

These years do not have the tap once for each MPH you want to accelerate, or decelerate feature, that is just much newer vehicles.

Reactions: Panda

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
My dad had a new 71 Chrysler 300 with cruise. It worked pretty much the same as a modern one, tapping the brakes disengaged it.

If you didn't use cruise on the open road the old boat would get away from you. You would start out running 70 mph ( the speed limit where we lived before 1974) and before long you would be unknowingly running 95-100.

Bucky

·
Registered
Project Leviathan
574 Posts
Looking good man! Just read through it all! Can't wait to see how the rest of this saga continues! Plus has my parts made it there yet?

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Thanks @HOBO
I should get the parts in a month or so.
Renovating an American Truck in Europe requires a lot of patience ;)

Reactions: HOBO

·
Registered
Project Leviathan
574 Posts
When I'm hearing the word "parts" I'm immediately awake ;) Anything to sell for an 84 RC?
not to hijack the post, but I'm working on stuff. I currently have a small inventory of stuff. see my mega thread link below. You can reach out to me directly and i can send a parts / price list to you.

thread: New Reproduction of plastic parts

Reactions: Albuchler and Panda

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
I started working on electrics today. Got the radio, wipers and blower running.

I also found out that the previous owner messed the wiring up. Door light switch does not work - solution=take the bulb out!
Radio doesn't fit - solution, cut the original harness.
Can't take the dash out - solution, use more force and brake all the plastic pieces.
Map light mount is broken, so is the whole heater control, blower switch was dangling behind the dash. There's no way to reattach it. I need a new one, but as I've heard it's "unobtanium"
Auto part Cockpit Machine Engineering Aerospace engineering

Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive design Hood

I also solved two problems...
1. Found the source of some electric problems
2. I don't have to install ground switch.
Battery cable was connected to the battery using electric tape :LOL: :eek: I touched it and it came out.

Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Wood Gas

·
Administrator
61,834 Posts
This may help you.

Reactions: Panda and Albuchler

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
Yesterday I fixed the parking brake... reconnected the cables and made a new rod since the original one was missing.

Works great and the dash light doesn't stay on all the time.
Automotive tire Automotive exterior Automotive design Bumper Automotive lighting

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
I found someone's secret stash in the bench cover :ROFLMAO: went through US and EU customs...

Smells good and I wish there was more ;)

Finger Food Ingredient Cuisine Dish

Food Fluid Ingredient Wood Alcoholic beverage

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
My recent project are the gauges.
Speedometer is jumping, the needle is broken and the rest are yellow instead of orange. Also the gear indicator gets stuck because the metal wire that moves when I change gears worked as a saw and made a hole which doesn't let the wire to move freely.

I took it to a local guy and we'll see how it turns out.

Here're the before photos
Gauge Motor vehicle Speedometer Automotive design Measuring instrument

Gauge Motor vehicle Measuring instrument Steering wheel Auto part

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
I removed both door latches, soaked them in diesel and cleaned. Now they look almost like new except for the broken spring on the driver's side. I hope I can get it fixed but I'll get a "new" one just in case.

Wood Gas Auto part Machine Metal

·
Registered
499 Posts
I can see you have already bought new bulbs for the gauges 😁

• Haha
Reactions: Panda
81 - 100 of 105 Posts