Dodge RamCharger Central banner
61 - 80 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Just curious, is it hard to get these over to Poland and registered over there? Ive seen what it costs to ship vehicles across the US, I cant imagine shipping one across the ocean.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 · (Edited)
Just curious, is it hard to get these over to Poland and registered over there? Ive seen what it costs to ship vehicles across the US, I cant imagine shipping one across the ocean.
It's not hard but you need some knowledge and experience not to get ripped. There're companies that specialize in US-PL shipping and honesty speaking the costs are not that bad when you look at the distance.
I paid around 1600$ to have the truck delivered from NJ to my house(sea freight+transport from the Netherlands).

·
Administrator
61,834 Posts
It's not hard but you need some knowledge and experience not to get ripped. There're companies that specialize in US-PL shipping and honesty speaking the costs are not that bad when you look at the distance.
I paid around 1600$ to have the truck delivered from NJ to my house(sea freight+transport from the Netherlands).
Heck the quotes I got to ship a truck from Massachusetts to my place (2100miles), was almost double that.

• Wow
Reactions: Panda

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Heck that's not bad at all, It costs that to go across the US.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Cool story, congrats to your new toy! I hope your Ramcharger was already in perfect condition before you have started with the new one. Maybe time for an inspection 🧐

Reactions: Panda

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Man that looks amazing glad you got it running looks like it’s ready to drive and enjoy !
Rob
I thought I got it running but as it turned out my truck had other plans. On my way from the paint home(only 3 miles), it stopped in the middle of an intersection :(
The funny thing was I haven't registered it yet, have no license plates and insurance:cool:
The battery was dead, I couldn't turn the key(it got stuck in the engine on position) so I had to call my uncle who sent a guy with a big battery, we had to short wire the starter and I managed to get to my friend's shop.
Now the truck is waiting in line :)
I guess there are two main reasons - bad ignition timing and/or old fuel.
I'll be changing all the plugs and plug wires, new distributor cap and rotor, new fuel filter and we'll see how it goes.

Now I'm translating the papers, need an antique expert opinion to get a zero rate on the excise and I'll have my truck road-ready.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 · (Edited)
Cool story, congrats to your new toy! I hope your Ramcharger was already in perfect condition before you have started with the new one. Maybe time for an inspection 🧐
Thanks.
My RC is in close to perfect condition(at least for my standards) and it runs great. Now I'm focused on cosmetics on the interior and some extras on the exterior, like front spacers and wheel caps.
I'll also be installing sidesteps because getting in and out is a bit harder with the new tire size, mainly for my wife and kids who now have to crawl into the truck:ROFLMAO:
They're on the way with some other cool gadgets:)

·
Registered
147 Posts
I thought I got it running but as it turned out my truck had other plans. On my way from the paint home(only 3 miles), it stopped in the middle of an intersection :(
The funny thing was I haven't registered it yet, have no license plates and insurance:cool:
The battery was dead, I couldn't turn the key(it got stuck in the engine on position) so I had to call my uncle who sent a guy with a big battery, we had to short wire the starter and I managed to get to my friend's shop.
Now the truck is waiting in line :)
I guess there are two main reasons - bad ignition timing and/or old fuel.
I'll be changing all the plugs and plug wires, new distributor cap and rotor, new fuel filter and we'll see how it goes.

Now I'm translating the papers, need an antique expert opinion to get a zero rate on the excise and I'll have my truck road-ready.
as unglamorous as that is, working on the reliability stuff is (y).
being stuck on the road sucks.

congrats on the truck!

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 · (Edited)
I had a great day working on my truck. Replaced spark plugs and wires, fixed timing, reattached ignition coil and some loose wires. The engine works beautifully.

Fixed engine pressure gauge and found why the emergency brake light is always on.

Good that the engine bay is big enough to fit a troll like me :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

Car Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Tire

I also did a first check on the electric... Everything seems to work fine, lights, blinkers, brake light, cargo light.

I don't know how exactly cruise control should work on these old trucks but my first impression is that it's ok.

All in all SUCCESS

·
Registered
8,034 Posts
I had a great day working on my truck. Replaced spark plugs and wires, fixed timing, reattached ignition coil and some loose wires. The engine works beautifully.

Fixed engine pressure gauge and found why the emergency brake light is always on.

Good that the engine bay is big enough to fit a troll like me :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 627584

I also did a first check on the electric... Everything seems to work fine, lights, blinkers, brake light, cargo light.

I don't know how exactly cruise control should work on these old trucks but my first impression is that it's ok.

All in all SUCCESS
I always loved my cruise control. I checked off the options box for it when I ordered my truck originally.
I still use it. Of course, I've since updated it to an electronic set up.
The stock vacuum controlled one was always a compromise deal.

·
Registered
8,034 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Cool pictures! Does your pickup is missing the RAM on the hood or do the pickups does not have it?

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Cool pictures! Does your pickup is missing the RAM on the hood or do the pickups does not have it?
Yeap. It's missing the ornament but I got two on the way. One original and the other 3d printed by HOBO.

·
Registered
944 Posts
I discovered, at highway speeds, that the analog cruise control on my Ramcharger does not cancel when you touch the brake pedal like more modern vehicles. That was surprisingly spooky.

Yeah, I should have known but I guess I somehow managed to get through life driving low optioned vehicles from the 60s through 80s and not a single one ever had cruise control so I didn't know.

Anyhow, Panda, the point here is you have to physically turn the cruise off. At least on my '84 it was that way, I don't know when it changed.

·
Administrator
61,834 Posts
I discovered, at highway speeds, that the analog cruise control on my Ramcharger does not cancel when you touch the brake pedal like more modern vehicles.

Yeah, I should have known but I guess I somehow managed to get through life driving low optioned vehicles from the 60s through 80s and not a single one ever had cruise control so I didn't know.

Anyhow, Panda, the point here is you have to physically turn the cruise off. At least on my '84 it was that way, I don't know when it changed.
If it was a factory cruise control, It should turn off. Chrysler used the same cruise box from 71 or so to 88. Likely just a brake light switch out of adjustment. Are you sure your brake lights are working?

·
Registered
499 Posts
I don't use my cruise control very often but it has the same behavior like the modern ones: If you push the brake it turns off. Otherwise it would be very risky to use it.

61 - 80 of 105 Posts