Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for a new project for a few months and here is my "new" 1984 Power Ram W150 5,9l with confirmed 84k miles. I got it of an iaai.com auction, runs and drives, there are some small things to do, like the door or hopefully only the door but it should be all within my reach. Other than that it looks perfect, at least to me.

My wife went crazy when she found out ;) It'll take some time before she accepts that The BLUE stays but until then I'll be living and posting from my garage ;)
The truck is now on the way from Sacramento to NY and than to Europe.

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Window Speedometer

Hood Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

Reactions: Lzed

·
Premium Member
4,868 Posts
That's a great looking truck! Get that door straightened up and you'll have a really clean ride.
Eric

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
@mttaff You think it can be straighten up? I've been looking a new one.

·
Administrator
61,028 Posts
I think it can be. You have access to the whole back side. The worst part looks to be at the bottom, Inner and outer. Outer is just a slightly curved piece, so it can be fabbed up easily. The inner half of the door will take some work, but still easily fixed. Looks like the rocker survived, or just a bit of damage. The door panel might be missing, that may prove to be the hardest part to find. I think I would look for a set, that way you do not have to worry about matching the one you have.

Nice truck, I would drive it.

Reactions: Panda

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I think yes that door can be fixed. Proper way would likely mean complete disassembly of the window mechanism.

Bucky

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The door panel might be missing, that may prove to be the hardest part to find. I think I would look for a set, that way you do not have to worry about matching the one you have.
The door panel is missing, you can't see it on the 360 photo.
Shooter game Automotive tire Automotive mirror Motor vehicle Vehicle

Maybe it's hidden behind the bench or somewhere but I haven't seen it on any of the photos so far.
I'll have to wait till the truck gets to NY to get better photos.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As for the door. I could wait to see if it can be straightened but the biggest issue for me is time.

If it can't be fixed I'll have to wait 3 months for a new one to arrive and pay extra for shipping.

I think I'll wait for detailed photos from NY, then if needed I can buy a new door and send it with the truck. I could sell it if the original can be saved.

How long does the shipping take?
More or less 6-10 weeks altogether. It could've been quicker if the truck was on east coast and if it there weren't so many reloading breaks.

I'll let you know when she arrives.

Most of the imported cars go through Amsterdam, Rotterdam so you're a lucky guy ;) You could even pick it up yourself and save two weeks.

·
Vendor
11,639 Posts
Doors are better from out west. In N.Y. we use LOTS of road salt in the winter & rust is a huge problem.
Truck looks great tho!
Jim

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Thanks for the info Jim. I need all the parts in NYC within 2 weeks from now. I'm in contact with DODGEBOYS, hopefully he finds me something (y)

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just found a very nice set of blue door panels on ebay. Made an offer and it was accepted.

Looks like all I need now is the door.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I know these trucks came with factory AC.
Is it hard to add one using OEM or used parts? Are the parts available? What are the costs of such upgrade?

·
Administrator
61,028 Posts
To upgrade, you would need a new heater/AC box and duct work, with the pieces for the dash (dash can be cut), the condenser (in front of the rad). The compressor, and brackets, and pulleys for the water pump, and crank shaft.and heater/ AC control. And dash gauge panel.

Ask Dodge boys, maybe he can scrounge up what you need.

I'll see if I can find a diagram for you when I get back tonight.

·
Registered
Project Leviathan
385 Posts
I know these trucks came with factory AC.
Is it hard to add one using OEM or used parts? Are the parts available? What are the costs of such upgrade?
Rockauto man! I found all the parts i need there to rebuild my A/c Compressor, Hoses, condenser, seals, and more.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm just looking for my options. I need the truck first, but you're right about rockauto, they rock!

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Do you know if D150 and W150 doors interchangeable? If so, then what years?

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Do you know if D150 and W150 doors interchangeable? If so, then what years?
For your truck, I believe any door, D, W, or RC from 81 to 93 will work. 81 is where they added the extra body line.
Someone correct me if I am wrong.

·
Administrator
61,028 Posts
You are right. For clarification, that is D 100 to 350 or W 100 to 350.

Even a few Traildusters were made in the early 80's

Reactions: Panda
1 - 20 of 37 Posts