Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not really all that clean, but a can or two of rattle can black, and a crappy camera make it look pretty good ;)

The front of the hood is rusted, and the drivers door has a big dent in it that I pulled with a slide hammer, but I have replacements for both. As a matter of fact, both hood and door that are pictured are up for grabs (free) for anyone willing to pick them up... they would be good on another beater or parts (glass and everything is good).

I have plenty of work to do to it, but I'm hoping to make this a nice truck that will be around for awhile!

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
that is a sweet truck BUT it needs a V8 ;D i am a little biased though... everything i own is a v8 exept my jeep...

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
xcracecoach said:
Very nice Truck,Does 6=8 ?
not even close ::) It's actually really good when bombing around town, but its total lack of power on the freeway can be scary from time to time. Once its up to speed it cruises really nice though.

The truck has about 230k on it, so I guess this is a minor complaint.

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
Yeah high miles will do that ..... i like the /6 ina 2wd though ..... grandfather had one and we couldn't kill it hauling grain trialers with it .... the 4 speed was cool too ..... drop her in granny and it would pul it

·
Registered
11,383 Posts
looks nice.define good on gas

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
xcracecoach said:
Very nice Truck,Does 6=8 ?
You'd better believe it. ;D

Whatever blemishes it has, it is still a very nice, clean looking rig BT. WAY better than mine currently sits...but that is about to change :)

At 230k not is the perfect time to re-vamp that slant. You could probably pull down 20-22 mpg with a 2 bbl (aka supersix) and have more power. Getting rid of the stock 1 bbl was one of the best mods I ever did to my slant...it felt like a completely different engine. Of course, I am a little partial to the 4 bbl now, but mpg is not an issue with my '87 ;D

-SM

·
Registered
235 Posts
whooo hooo! more slant sixes! great motors they are, Only one truck i ever had was a V8, and i drove it for a week before parking it and drivng my six truck again

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah the /6 trucks are great, this is my first one, but its also the only one that has stuck around for more than one winter.

On another note, power has improved since the valve that is in the exaust manifold freed itself. It never crossed my mind that it could be a problem, but one day I passed a car on the freeway and it broke free. I lubed it up, and its been running better than ever!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts