Waving a hand from Lakeland! {wave}

BTW, your pic isn't working

Jess

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Montana!

I had the 31x105.0 Goodyear Wranglers on it. They SUCKED. The ride was so rough it was ridiculous (no, I'm not kidding...it was horrendous) they pulled the truck all over the road, were HORRIBLE in the rain (especially when you hit a puddle) made a LOT of noise and were just an overall lousy tire. These are Wild Country tires and so far I love them. The truck isn't all over the road, they handle great, the ride is softer, they are surprisingly quiet. Now the true test lies in about 20 minutes when I leave to go to Hooters in the pouring rain :) Also I must go find some mud and test them out (The goodyears sucked in mud)

The suspension is not stock, but it's not really lifted. They are the springs from JC Whitney, the 16xx whatever lb capacity heavy duty ones. They don't move much at all (not even 1/2" spring travel with my 200 lb self jumping on the trailer hitch.) I believe they are only a few cms taller than the stock springs due to the fact they have more springs in the pack. But it should be right around stock height.

The step bars are also JC Whitney. The MAAP products universal fit. My father and I put them on no problem almost 2 years ago and they are great. The stainless finish is still looking good :) Hope that helps you!

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
93BluBeast said:
Thanks Montana!

I had the 31x105.0 Goodyear Wranglers on it. They SUCKED. The ride was so rough it was ridiculous (no, I'm not kidding...it was horrendous) they pulled the truck all over the road, were HORRIBLE in the rain (especially when you hit a puddle) made a LOT of noise and were just an overall lousy tire. These are Wild Country tires and so far I love them. The truck isn't all over the road, they handle great, the ride is softer, they are surprisingly quiet. Now the true test lies in about 20 minutes when I leave to go to Hooters in the pouring rain :) Also I must go find some mud and test them out (The goodyears sucked in mud)

The suspension is not stock, but it's not really lifted. They are the springs from JC Whitney, the 16xx whatever lb capacity heavy duty ones. They don't move much at all (not even 1/2" spring travel with my 200 lb self jumping on the trailer hitch.) I believe they are only a few cms taller than the stock springs due to the fact they have more springs in the pack. But it should be right around stock height.

The step bars are also JC Whitney. The MAAP products universal fit. My father and I put them on no problem almost 2 years ago and they are great. The stainless finish is still looking good :) Hope that helps you!
Thanks! Yes that does help. I'm in the same situation with my suspension. Not lifted, but not quite stock, so I guess I could get away with the same size tires as you have there. Thanks for the info on the step bars. They look great! I need to find some in black. ;D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts