Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, This is the big dog! lol
One main link, http://www.tellico-orv.com/
1st off, Tellico is NOT a private park! It is a National Forest! It is also not for stock vehicles!
That being said, anyone that is built up a bit and likes rocks is GOING to have a blast!!
I was here last year, we had 1 stock(saggy) 79 RC, one PU with a 4" lift, (or so) and my s10 that TRIED to run trails!! the only trail we were able to run completly was the main rd through the park! ::) We ran PART of trail 4 and tried one other trail, no WAY were we gonna make it! lol Just to give you an idea, I will attach a pic of one broken rig we saw, the guy was replacing his 3rd t/case of the week!!IMHO, the pros are GREAT area support for wheelers, and great hardcore wheeling.
Cons are nothing really for mild rigs, and a drive to get there from MOST camping areas.
There IS one camp I remember right @ one of the trail heads. Nice area with all cabins for rent. I "think" this is the one I am thinking of, http://www.tellicocabinrentals.com/ However, We all stayed @ Crawfords camp, THAT is the place to stay if you can drive on the street! http://www.crawfordsattellico.com/

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
yeah, david, jake and i were telling jamie that tellico was very hard core. if we had enough built rigs show up that could carry passengers, that would be a nice place, but other wise we should find somewhere else.

Duane

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
ive seen a taco on 33s do a good bit of it, so an rc with 35s could do a hand full of trails there. add a locker and a winch and really big balls, and they could probably do it all. but breakage and body damage would be guaranteed.

Duane

·
5,656 Posts
CLRracer said:
ive seen a taco on 33s do a good bit of it, so an rc with 35s could do a hand full of trails there. add a locker and a winch and really big balls, and they could probably do it all. but breakage and body damage would be guaranteed.

Duane
Yeah and not everyone has a winch. ;D

·
Registered
11,632 Posts
Don't think I'd go there.

·
Founder
25,731 Posts
I would go there. I bet being locked front and rear will get you around alot there. At last years Ram Jam there was a toy with 33's I think that climbed almost everything and went everywhere since he was locked.

But it does seem a bit hardcore for a RJ. I still would love to go there some day.

·
Registered
10,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
RCC_SaMiaM said:
I would go there. I bet being locked front and rear will get you around alot there. At last years Ram Jam there was a toy with 33's I think that climbed almost everything and went everywhere since he was locked.

But it does seem a bit hardcore for a RJ. I still would love to go there some day.
Sam, is this stil on for 2007? My only concern is that there really isn't any "easier" trails that I have ever heard of out there, it's either hard-core or paved.

·
3,940 Posts
well, dammit. 
this is first time i've heard of it being super tough.  i was told there was a little for everybody.
i wouldn't mind another Superlift ORV for '07.
i know there is a park in Indiana, not sure the details.  i could get some if needed.

so if no Tellico, then what for 2007

·
Registered
3,103 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,980 Posts
Looks good, and centerally located.

"The" mud hole  :)

·
Premium Member
2,980 Posts
I finally got to Telico last weekend. It isn't all as bad as some would have you think. Sure there are some really rough trails, but there are several that a mostly stock RC could do. You would need at least good offroad tires.

The best part is, you could stay on the main gravel road, and be a "spectator". Most of the group I was with weren't "locked" so they parked at the top of one of the hardest trails and watched the rock crawlers try to get up. Most had to winch :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.