Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any chance to add paint and body section?

Right now I am restoring a used push bar. Could use some advice on dent repair and type of paint.

·
Administrator
Community Manager
200 Posts
Would be easy enough to add. Don't like to add sections unless sure it's going to get traffic so we don't let things get cluttered. Anyone else want to express an interest in such a section?

Kevin

·
Super Moderator
30,004 Posts
Hard to say.  The Axle forum was added pretty late in the game and it took off pretty decently.  Still, we don't get a lot of discussion about paint and body work, perhaps because it's a bit of "voodoo" to a lot of people, myself included.  I'll post up a thread in Open Discussions and see what people think.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I would favor a paint and body section because both my rides need some of that done. I would spend a lot of effort and time to have paint codes, rust repair stuff, techniques, and fabrication issues dealt with from all the members here.

The usual places like LMC Truck, Jegs, and Summit don't always have what I need, or want.

Rock Auto does not have all the parts my trucks will ever need.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
30,004 Posts
I forgot all about this.  Poll results are as follows:

Should A Paint And Body Forum Be Added To RCC?

Yes, I am interested.
    13 (61.9%)
Yes, I am interested and could contribute knowledge to the forum.
    5 (23.8%)
No, keep it all in Vehicle Help or Tech Discussions.
    3 (14.3%)

So overall positive, but I honestly have to say that I don't think it will be terribly popular.  It wouldn't hurt to implement it though, so I can't really make an argument against adding the forum.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Elwenil said:
I forgot all about this. Poll results are as follows:

Should A Paint And Body Forum Be Added To RCC?

Yes, I am interested.
13 (61.9%)
Yes, I am interested and could contribute knowledge to the forum.
5 (23.8%)
No, keep it all in Vehicle Help or Tech Discussions.
3 (14.3%)

So overall positive, but I honestly have to say that I don't think it will be terribly popular. It wouldn't hurt to implement it though, so I can't really make an argument against adding the forum.
Add it anyway, I'll bet the return and interest may be far greater than you think.

·
Super Moderator
30,004 Posts
Perhaps, but the "return" is sort of hard to define since it is very unlikely to draw in people specifically for that forum that will have any significant impact on the ad revenue for the site's owner.  Either way it's their call, not mine, so we will have to see how it goes.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I’d be very interested in this as well, I guess when a guy goes to body modders forums, I guess I’m a little left in the dust as people are building homemade panels and doing pointless dent repair.
It would be nice to see some methods for those of us that are a long ways away from decent painting, and just rattle can the dents we fix till all are fixed, then work on doing a decent homemade paint job.

Whether it’s minor diy’er Tips and what worked for one guy, I don’t care. I’ll be happy to destroy the herculiner on my truck to fix the dent so it’s once again worthy of some nice respectable paint.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts